Most sellers during this time of year decide to take there homes off the market or not list at all because they feel its not busy enough or they may get a better price if they wait until the spring. However, if you are serious about selling your home, the winter months could benefit you more than you think.
1) Winter prospects are more serious buyers.
2) There is less competition for buyers.
3) Your home looks better during the holiday season. (My favorite)
4) One of the highest percentages of "Listings Sold" to "Listings Taken" occur during this time of year.
5) You may receive more money for your home now because you have less competition.
6) Throughout the holiday season, you may restrict showings during your personal family events.
7) Buyers have more times to look at homes during the holidays, especially during vacations.
8) January is traditionally the biggest transfer month and you must be on the market to capture that market.
9) By selling now you can have a delayed closing or extended occupancy until the beginning of the following year if you want to.
10) When you sell during the winter you have an opportunity to buy during the spring, when many homes are on the market.
11) You may have fewer actual showings, but more qualified and motivated prospects.
12) Corporate transfers, who need to buy a home now, can't wait until the spring.
What are your thoughts?