A Fun Start to the Christmas Season!
This event will be rain, shine or snow unless the weather is dangerous. In the event that the parade is postponed the other activities will carry on as scheduled.
In The Farmers Market 4-7 p.m.
- Treats on the Street
- For Sale: Funnel Cakes by Chocolate Spike, Kettle Corn by Scott Booher, Cotton Candy by Friends of the Animal Shelter
- Free hot cider and hot chocolate from the Downtown Merchants of Blacksburg
- WPSK- 107.1 Radio live remote: Holiday music, games, contests, karaoke, prizes
- Montgomery County Christmas Store: Accepting donations of new or gently used toys, games, clothing and more
- Smithfield Plantation: Information and some entertainment
- Blacksburg Museum Group: Information
- Holiday craft activities for the children
- Margaret Beeks PTA will be selling holiday wreaths outside National Bank of Blacksburg and in the Farmers Market lot.
- Holiday Headgear and more: Reindeer antlers, Santa hats and DMOB gift certificates.
- Steel Drum Group: Pan-Lites, a division of PanJammers at 5 p.m.
- Poinsettia Sales: Blacksburg High School
- Crafts from vendors of the Farmers Market
In The Lyric
- Performing Arts Institute of Virginia, (PAIVA), Music will sing holiday songs at 4:30 p.m. and outside during the tree lighting.
- Photos with Santa: Bring your own camera!
- Music from a variety of small groups
- Make ornaments with Darcy Meeker, Local Artist
- Open Houses: Treats and sales in many stores.
- Singing in the streets: Deo Gloria - Caroling Group, PAIVA Childrens chorus
- Armory Sculpture Show
- Parade starts at 7 p.m.
For more information, contact the Downtown Merchants of Blacksburg at (540) 951-0454.