Today I have had my home on the market for about 4 weeks and from what I am seeing we either are in a unique market with very little concern about the economic conditions, or I have a great deal. I have had over 30 showings, (I lost count last week on #29) and have had several offers. Honestly, my home is under contract for more than what I was asking, what a blessing. Don't get me wrong, it is a great house in a fantastic location, and I think priced right, especially for this time of year.
This morning the inspector is there going through the house to look it over for any potential issues. I don't think he will find anything unusual since I went through it with a fine tooth comb, even replacing the toilet wax seal last week when I found the one in the basement to be not tightened down enough. Since the shingles, gutters, furnace, AC unit, and light fixtures have all been replaced in the past 5 years, things are both up to date and extremely energy efficient. Those items should give it a good seal of approval from the inspector, but naturally I still worry that he'll find something that I didn't know about. Since the home is only about 27 years old, I should be ok.
It has been more chaotic showing it than what I expected. I have had only a couple days in the past 4 weeks without a showing, some days with 5 showings. Today, after the inspector is done, there will be two more showings. It's been tough for my dog Griffin, but I expect he knows something is up with him being taken to shelters, friends homes, and even my office during showings. Fortunately, I have some great friends with children who love him. I recommend visiting with friends to see if they will watch your pet if you decide to sell your home. It works out well for the families whose children want a pet, but parents aren't ready yet, it bides them some time in getting one permanently!
After today's inspetion we should be good to go until closing, but I have heard another offer may be coming in. If that occurs then I'm back to the decision table, which is tougher than I expected. I want to be sure the buyers feel they got a great deal, but I also need to consider my personal needs, so going though those decisions has been challenging.
I'll hear about the inspection report later this week, but with Thanksgiving on Thursday, I expect to hear back as early as tomorrow.
Fortunatly I feel blessed to be in the situation, but now I know how tough it is when more than one offer comes in.
Until next time......