Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Monday Morning- Today is the International Day of the Child as well as World Aids Day. It is also a new day, to a new week, to a new month. Normally I would have written something for either one of these days, but today I want to share my thoughts and hope with other people that might be having a hard time. It's hard to believe that in 31 days we will start a New Year, but it is Just around the corner, and so many people need Hope that we can overcome the struggles that so many families are experiencing right now. But how do you have Hope for tomorrow when you have to struggle with today?
Today I have been thinking of 2 different people that contacted me recently concerned with how they were going to make it.Believe me I know this feeling, and sometimes I really don't know why I'm not in a major depression myself, but I know that all things must end. I know that just as today may be uncertain, if we just keep going we will find light at the end of the tunnel. We all need someone to listen when we are at the end of our road-someone to listen and care without judging. And so many of our virtual friends do that on a daily basis. Being there for someone else has a way of giving us the hope we ourselves lose sight of at times.
Many People are having a tough time right now, and some Industries seem to have been hit harder than others. Have you ever tried to hear someone talk when the kids were yelling, or the TV was too loud, or even when you were just lost in thought?Well, trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel is just as hard to see if we are consumed with the everyday stress of trying to survive. How can anyone hear or think when they're in the middle of a crisis. Creditors calling, lenders demanding payment, and kids that have needs we don't know how to meet; we can't hear or see around the next corner, or see the light at the end. But it's there. Start each day with an Action Plan-small obtainable goals. We can't change the economy, but we can change our behaviors which in turn changes our mentality.
5 things you can do to help you make it to that next curve.
1. Start every day as a new one with an Action Plan-let go of yesterday and any problems it had. Focus on today, and tell yourself that today you will do something good for yourself, and today you will do at least one thing that will help you solve something that has overwhelmed you.
2. Divide the day into parts and make small goals that you will accomplish-ex: this morning you will be showered and ready to show property by 9am. Whether you show property or not isn't the point, the point is you are prepared. The Mental Preparedness is what is difficult when we're depressed,and if you only have 2 or 3 things that you will do in the morning, and 2 or 3 in the afternoon you have made it through another day. I would pick at least 1 major thing to do in the morning, and get it out of the way.
3. Give yourself permission to be emotional-be angry, bitch if you need to or cry if you feel like it. We all have times when we feel overwhelmed, and our emotions might take over. That's OK you're not alone. It may feel like it, but you're not. I call it the "Pity Pot" and everyone is allowed to sit on it for no more than 24 hours....because we have to share. You can feel as sorry for yourself as you want, but then it's someone else's turn.
4. Realize that there is a big difference between being Broke and being Poor. One is more about finances and one is more mentality. You can be broke without allowing the lack of money to dictate how you think of your life. Sure you might have to modify some things, but if you are broke it just takes one paycheck to add some hope.
5. Communicate-Talk with creditors and try to arrange something. Try to figure out your priorities for the Holidays, and then see how you can best meet them. Lists of important things can help you stay focused. Look for Alternatives......if it doesn't work one way, try another. Whatever you do just don't isolate! Communicate with someone.
And always remember that there are Alternatives, we might not like them, but they're there. It is when we don't know what to do anymore that we lose sight of what's ahead. But we can make it, one way or another we will make it through the tough times :) :)
By: Kathy McGraw- CELLing Realty in Riverside County
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.