Buying a house can be a wonderful or not so wonderful experience. Through the years that I've been involved in Real Estate, I've met several individuals and couples who have phoned and later met with me that truly did not know, "How to Buy a House". In fact, many people think it's simply about touring houses first and then doing whatever else is necessary to make the purchase happen. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
Here in a simple format are several steps to follow to make your purchase happen. Send me an email or even phone me if you want me to elaborate more on each of these steps.
1) Know your Credit Score - Click here to discover how
2) Find a lender and get your Pre-Approval - Here is an interesting article worth reading on this subject.
3) Find a Realtor® - You will need guidance in this process. You will need someone you can trust to prepare paper work, show you houses, supply phone numbers of trusted vendors and work with all contingencies.
4) Use the internet for your Fairfax Homes For Sale search. Look for houses ONLY in your price range.
5) Drive by some of the houses you like without your Realtor® so as to "fine tune" your search. Perhaps you should park your car and walk the neighborhood.
6) Ask your Realtor® to show you some homes - perhaps a tour of six or seven. If you believe one might be what you are looking for, ask for a second, even third walk thru.
7) Have your Realtor® assist you in making the offer.
8) Stay on schedule with all of your contingencies. Remember to write down ALL of your appointments in my Complimentary eCalendar and Personal Planner from above.
9) Expect there to be some bumps and allow your Realtor® to absorb them. Real Estate transactions are seldom "smooth sailing". There is almost always a surprise or two.
10) Don't be nervous on the day of your closing. Instead, learn from it and allow it to be an experience to personally grow from.
11) Immediately have your house re-keyed before move in. I don't care how nice the sellers were, you do not know who might have keys to the house. When purchasing a new house, this is often done for you automatically.
12) Move in and begin making your new house your new HOME.
David L. Burrows, Realtor®
Envirian of Warrenton
Warrenton, Virginia 20186
Phone: 540.349.3075 x119
Burrows' Thoughts worth considering: "One reason to have a Home Inspection by a Professional Inspector is not only to discover possible defects, but to help the new home owner to understand the need for proper maintenance on the items the Inspection brings to the purchasers attention."
Interested in Some Great Reading on selling your home? Take a look at these articles on my website: Selling Your Home: Where do you begin?
Seller Guidance: I would encourage you to employ a Realtor®® to help you sell your home. When your agent or another agent is showing your house, go away and let them do your work for you. I also urge you to utilize my FREE SELLERS TOOLKIT before selling your house.
Buyer Guidance: I would encourage you to really check out anything and everything you are told by a well meaning seller. Employ the services of a Buyer's Agent to help you discern what you read and listen to about the area you are thinking of calling home. I would also urge you to get my FREE BUYERS TOOLKIT before heading out on the journey to find your new house.
Try this link to help you find your next home: Fairfax Homes For Sale When you land on the main page try one of our custom searches listed on the bottom of the page. No registration is necessary for the Fairfax MLS general search on my site. If you check the box to receive automated updates sent to your email, you will be required to give us your sname and a valid email address.
Northern Virginia Information - Here you will find answers to your questions about schools, auto registration, taxes, things to do this weekend, popular destinations. It only takes a moment to look and it is free with no registration required!
Click on the following link for your Complimentary eCalendar & Daily Planner. This is a Free Gift from David. There is absolutely NO sign-up, registration, tricks, or gimmicks. It really is free for you to enjoy! This is a great tool for keeping track of your schedule for all of your Real Estate needs. There is NO obligation.
This blog may contain links to other Web sites operated by third parties. These links are provided as a convenience to access the information contained therein. David Burrows and Envirian of Warrenton have not reviewed all of the information on other sites and disclaim any responsibility for the content of any other sites or the products or services that may be offered on or through those sites. Inclusion of a link to another site does not indicate any endorsement or approval of the site or its content.
David Burrows and Envirian of Warrenton disclaim liability for any damages or losses, direct or indirect, that may result from use of or reliance on information contained in this blog.
David L. Burrows, Realtor®
Classic Realty, Ltd.,
7529 Presidential Lane, Manassas, Virginia 20109
Serving: Gainesville VA, Haymarket and ALL of Northern Virginia
Blog: David Burrows Properties
Blog: Real Estate Starting Point
My Website: Haymarket Properties
Search For A Home: Virginia Online Home Search
It is always an honor to assist Home Buyers and Sellers with their Haymarket Homes For Sale and Gainesville VA homes for sale needs. If you want to search Gainesville VA homes for sale for Real Estate Listings, or even become more specific with your search, such as the search Haymarket homes for sale area, then I urge you to utilize the valuable tools on my websites. If you are looking for a Home in Gainesville Virginia; or would like to search Manassas homes for sale area; Condos For Sale In Fairfax Virginia; Fairfax Homes For Sale; or a home anywhere within the search Warrenton homes for sale area, simply click on the appropriate link. I serve ALL of the above areas throughout Northern Virginia.
Most important, Write, Phone or Text Me with any questions.