Safety Awareness Newport, Havelock, Cherry Point, NC
We as realtors should go over safety measures regularly to reinforce the importance of looking out for each other. We are very fortunate to live in the Newport, Havelock and Cherry Point, NC area where crime is still low compared to many other areas. Here are a few that we go over in our office.
Identify the person you are working with before you join him or her alone, in a car or house.
- Meet at the office. Never have a first meeting at a home by yourself.
- Get a copy of his or her driver's license and leave it at your office-it does no good to take it with you!
- Let someone at your office know where you will be going with the person. The Buddy System is a great system to have.
- You should drive
- Unlock the door to the home you are showing and open the door and then let the buyers go in and you follow. let them lead.
- Leave the door ajar unless there are pets to contend with.
Always carry your cell phone with you and make sure it is fully charged and has reception.
- Program 911 into your phone
- Make sure your office has a "Code Call" such as you calling the office and telling whomever answers you have an appointment with them.
- Don't hesitate to call for help.
Trust your instincts
- If you have a bad feeling, don't second-guess what it's telling you. Listen to your gut feeling and protect yourself.
Please let us know if you have any other helpful suggestions. We look forward to hearing from you. Have a safe, happy Christmas and the best New Year ever.
EXIT Realty Seaside