I've been pondering writing this post for quite sometime, but haven't got around to it yet. Well, today is the day - and none more appropriate for its theme.
The Bucket List Theory has sort of irked me for awhile. No, not irked me, just sort of left an empty feeling in the pit of my stomach.
I suddenly realized why.
You can't have a Bucket List until you first fill up your Trash Can!
There won't be space for the good stuff until you throw away the bad stuff. And in real estate there's a lot of bad stuff.
So here's the beginnings of my personal Trash Can List"
1. Print Advertising - no more, never again will I advertise in a Sunday Newspaper. (But don't throw away, recycle.)
2. Paper Files - I'm tired of straining my back lugging everything everywhere. From now on the word is SCAN and file on laptop.
3. Fat - need I explain?
4. Stress - okay, this one is hard. But, I can make a concerted effort to toss out stress that sucks me dry in favor of stress that motivates me to get me fanny in gear.
5. Excuses - I will no longer allow ANY EXCUSE to be the reason for failure. There are no excuses. Toss the excuses. There is only me doing OR not doing.
6. Fat - did I already write that? Oh, yeah, but writing it twice is better than not at all. (Thanks to Wii, I've already thrown some fat away!)
7. Duplication - take a good look at what I spend money on and get rid of the duplicates, no matter how COOL they are. My bank account should be the only thing that is COOL to me. And serving my clients to the best of my ability!
8. Clutter - organization is my lifeblood when it comes to my productivity. Clutter is my nemesis. Throw stuff away! (Note to self - buy a bigger trash can!)
9. Negativity - walk away from any negativity that permeates your daily business. Negativity can ooze into my pores like a sauna if I don't surround myself with positive people and positive situations. Positive breeds positive.
10. Time Wasting - plan, plan, plan my day. Throw away the wasted moments and turn that time into something wonderfully productive, either business or personal.
I feel better already!
Now add one to my list - then go make your own! You'll feel better, too!
MY CORE VALUES
...Live by the 'Get By Giving' philosophy
...Make my clients #1 goal, my #1 goal
...Live up to my standards, despite temptations to lower them
...Be willing to work toward a common good
...Do what I say I will do, sometimes more, just never less
Dee Nofziger | Toledo Real Estate
My Trulia Profile
Twitter - WhyBuyToledo
Twitter - DidiONeil
The Oxymoron Diaries
Dee was born in Ohio and grew up on the North Coast in Oak Harbor. She was raised on the work ethic of the farmer and has always loved seeing the fruit of hard work. After taking a job as administrative assistant to a top Toledo Realtor, Dee was instantly hooked on the real estate profession.
She soon became licensed with a Toledo area real estate company and in only a few short years was a member of their President’s Club, Achiever’s Club, and an Ohio Association of Realtors President Club recipient in the most challenging market to ever hit real estate.
Dee Nofziger is a lifelong resident of Ohio, specifically the North Coast of Ohio, more commonly known as Toledo and Northwest Ohio. She serves the real estate needs of home owners and home buyers in Lucas, Wood, Fulton, and Ottawa Counties, among others. With nearly a decade of experience, Dee Nofziger is proudly licensed with Key Realty, Northwest Ohio's fastest growing independent real estate company. With professional relationships all over the country, Dee Nofziger is able to refer you to real estate professionals in your area who will make your home buying or selling experience the best you can imagine!
Dee Nofziger is a Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE) who has advised homeowners about their short sale options and assisted buyers through the difficult roads of short sale purchases. Only 25% of short sales offers ever get to the closing table; but when the transaction has a CDPE involved, a closing happens 85% of the time. Increase your odds by calling a CDPE for a consultation.
What are Dee’s hobbies? That’s easy … reading, writing, and real estate!
Dee is also known as author Didi O'Neil.
Didi O'Neil walks a fine line similar to that of her characters, teetering between straight-laced and a straight jacket. She has written fiction for years for self-medication and is now delighted to entertain and medicate the general public. Nicknamed "The Human Sponge" she has the ability to pull out of a hat random bits of useless information that can be applied to the moment at hand and often, her writing. Her unofficial status as an accomplished wordsmith spurred her to use oxymorons as the theme of her first series,
The Oxymoron Diaries.
Click here to Like The Oxymoron Diaries on Facebook
Click here to Subscribe to The Oxymoron Diaries
Click here for an excerpt of The Oxymoron Diaries "Twelve Ounce Poundcake".
Click here to purchase The Oxymoron Diaries on Kindle.
Click here to purchase The Oxymoron Diaries on Nook.
Use of any content from It's Raining Real Estate Blog or The Oxymoron Diaries without expressed permission of the owner is a violation of federal copyright laws.