I've been pondering writing this post for quite sometime, but haven't got around to it yet. Well, today is the day - and none more appropriate for its theme.
The Bucket List Theory has sort of irked me for awhile. No, not irked me, just sort of left an empty feeling in the pit of my stomach.
I suddenly realized why.
You can't have a Bucket List until you first fill up your Trash Can!
There won't be space for the good stuff until you throw away the bad stuff. And in real estate there's a lot of bad stuff.
So here's the beginnings of my personal Trash Can List"
1. Print Advertising - no more, never again will I advertise in a Sunday Newspaper. (But don't throw away, recycle.)
2. Paper Files - I'm tired of straining my back lugging everything everywhere. From now on the word is SCAN and file on laptop.
3. Fat - need I explain?
4. Stress - okay, this one is hard. But, I can make a concerted effort to toss out stress that sucks me dry in favor of stress that motivates me to get me fanny in gear.
5. Excuses - I will no longer allow ANY EXCUSE to be the reason for failure. There are no excuses. Toss the excuses. There is only me doing OR not doing.
6. Fat - did I already write that? Oh, yeah, but writing it twice is better than not at all. (Thanks to Wii, I've already thrown some fat away!)
7. Duplication - take a good look at what I spend money on and get rid of the duplicates, no matter how COOL they are. My bank account should be the only thing that is COOL to me. And serving my clients to the best of my ability!
8. Clutter - organization is my lifeblood when it comes to my productivity. Clutter is my nemesis. Throw stuff away! (Note to self - buy a bigger trash can!)
9. Negativity - walk away from any negativity that permeates your daily business. Negativity can ooze into my pores like a sauna if I don't surround myself with positive people and positive situations. Positive breeds positive.
10. Time Wasting - plan, plan, plan my day. Throw away the wasted moments and turn that time into something wonderfully productive, either business or personal.
I feel better already!
Now add one to my list - then go make your own! You'll feel better, too!