Sharon Paxson is just up the road from me in Newport Beach, California. I've always enjoyed visiting her blog because she always has such good information and a nice, positive outlook on things. Thanks, Sharon.
Preparing Your Home to Sell
With the New Year behind us, many of you may be considering listing your home to sell. In preparation for selling your home, here are some recommendations that may improve the saleability of your home.
A common question that homeowners may ask themselves is which improvements are needed to improve the saleability of their home.
Any improvements that increase the home's attractiveness and overall size to the general public will help to increase the value. Keep in mind that your property only has one opportunity to make a good "first" impression. That being said, when someone walks through the door to view the property, the property should appeal to the general buying public. The following is a list of general guidelines to consider when preparing your home to sell.
- Use neutral color or light paint inside and out.
- Paint trim for a fresh and clean look and appearance.
- Make sure that carpet is cleaned prior to showing property.
- If replacing flooring or carpet, then use a neutral color carpet or flooring.
- Consider light window treatments.
- Consider the use of mirrored wardrobe doors to enhance the space in the bedrooms.
- Organize closets and cupboards, and maintain that organization during the time your property is listed.
- Place healthy house plants in strategic locations to create a warm feel.
- Spruce up exterior landscaping, and add colorful plants to exterior of home.
- Use seasonal flowers to keep landscaping up to date.
- Trim trees if necessary (check with Arborist to ensure it is the correct time of year).
- Keep windows clean inside and out.
- Replace and/or repair screens as needed.
- Add decorator mirrors in strategic locations to enhance open feeling in home.
- Keep fireplace clean if wood burning, and add unburned wood or candles to fireplace.
- De-clutter every room (and closet) to ensure that home looks more spacious (and organized).
- Put away personal photos so your buying prospects do not get distracted by the photographs.
- Keep your home neat and orderly at all times.
- Organize and clean pantry, and kitchen area.
- Keep your home free of odors (including pets and cooking odors).
- Consider obtaining a staging consultation to have your home be the most presentable.If I can answer any questions regarding Newport Beach Real Estate, Newport Coast homes for sale, and Corona del Mar luxury homes, please feel free to contact me.
Phone or Text: 949.280.0681