It's the New Year again and that means lots of promises and plans to change for the better. If you are like most Americans you are probably telling yourself that now that 2009 has arrived you will either: lose a few pounds, get back into shape, take up a new hobby, get organized, take control of your finances, or some other resolution that will probably become abandoned before Valentine's Day. This year, why not start the New Year off right and cross one of these items off the list right now? If you have resolved to take control of your finances, then refinancing your mortgage loan may be in order, and there has never been a better time to do so then now. (If you don't yet own a home and would like to make homeownership a goal for 2009, stay tuned. I'll be covering that next.)
Why refinance your mortgage in the New Year? The reasons are many:
1) Mortgage interest rates are at an all time low and lower rates mean lower payments.
2) If you still have an Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) you can refinance and enjoy a low fixed rate.
3) If you have equity in your home you can get cash out to use for other purposes.
4) Mortgage guidelines are tightening so you may not qualify for a loan progam when you finally do decide to refinance.
5) No one knows if home prices will continue to decline and waiting to refinance may mean losing equity and not being able to qualify in the future as well.
Visit www.aboveallmortgage.com to learn more about the loan process and to apply online. Then with that out of the way, you'll have the rest of 2009 to work on achieving you other goals. Happy New Year!
Written by Michelle Chamberlain, Above All Financial Services
Homeowners, get the mortgage loan you need at www.aboveallmortgage.com
Business owners, get the cash you need at www.ezmerchantadvance.com