Here are some great tips to "keep in touch" with your clients after the close of the transacton:
After the Sale Checklist
by Carla Cross
Be sure you have an operation to follow after the closing. After all, who's your best client? The one you just sold!
Here's your after sale checklist:
1. Put clients in your database with a monthly follow-up mail schedule in your contact management program.
2. Create a year's worth of follow-up mailers (monthly) for your client base so you can delegate this task to your assistant.
Within one week:
3. Contact your clients by phone the day after they move in to assure they are getting settled.
4. Take a housewarming present to them within one week of their moving in. Present it personally. A wonderful idea is a drawing of their home, framed, with fifty note cards featuring that drawing. On the back, engrave "Compliments of................"
5. Mail the client satisfaction survey mentioned earlier within one week of closing and moving in.
6. Call your client 3 days after moving in to assure they are okay.
7. Call your client 7 days after moving in to assure things are okay. Ask for referrals.
Within one month:
8. Call your client one month after moving in to assure things are okay. Ask for referrals.
Why call them so often? If things aren't okay, you want to fix it fast. When you fix it fast, clients are more loyal than ever. They will appreciate the high level of service, and they will respond with referrals.