This post is going to be a bit of a rant, so please forgive me.
As an agent who is also the office manager for RE/MAX EXCEL, I often answer the phones and schedule appointments. I have noticed lately an increasing amount of lack of appointment scheduling manners from agents.
- Calling from outside a listing, wanting to get in to see it RIGHT NOW. Come on, you don't like it when people come to your house without notice, why would home sellers?
- Calling me the same day as your showing when the showing instructions CLEARLY say 24 hours notice required for all showings, no matter what. I don't care if your client is the president of the United States, these tenants will not let you in without 24 hours notice. Don't get crabby at me, I don't make the rules.
- Not calling and letting me know that you couldn't make it to a scheduled showing. Folks, I have been yelled at because agents didn't show up for the appointment and I didn't tell them. (Forgot my mind reader hat that day)
- Not filling out showing feedback forms. I make it really easy, just fill out a simple email and return it to me. No printing and faxing, just click reply. Please help me out here, I make sure my agents fill them out and I personally fax them to you when required.
- Acting condescending toward me on the phone, just because I am "staff" and therefore not important. Don't forget who really gets things done around the office. We do remember who treats us well, and we are more likely to help you out later when you are respectful ;)
Please just take a minute to think about manners, and treat others the way you would expect to be treated. Common courtesy goes a long way!!