Calvert County is located approximately 30 miles southeast of Washington, D.C. and is surrounded by the Chesapeake Bay on the east and the Patuxent River on the west. Whether you enjoy the river, bay, creeks, protected coves, lakes or the beach......water related activities are found throughout the County. It offers a tranquil haven for your family.......relax, sail, bike, kayak, fish or take a stroll on the beaches or boardwalks.
There are many fun & enjoyable "free" things to do in Calvert County. Spectacular beaches, woods, trails & wildlife sanctuaries are preserved for your family's enjoyment. Explore celebrated lighthouses, museums & cultural centers for endless adventure & learning. Relish the splendor of Calvert County's natural treasures & historical landmarks. Thought I would share some "fun" things to do with you........
* Spend an afternoon fishing or crabbing
* Hunt for fossils
* Relax & picnic on the water's edge
* Learn about the Chesapeake Bay at the Chesapeake Biological Laboratory
* Visit the Jefferson Patterson Park & Museum, an archaeological & environmental preserve
* Wander through unique boutiques & antique shops
* Stroll the boardwalks at Solomons, North Beach or Chesapeake Beach
* Watch sailboats race
* Visit the Chesapeake Beach Railway Museum
* Enjoy the outdoors of our many recreation areas
* Kayak the Chesapeake Bay or Patuxent River
* Visit Battle Creek Cypress Swamp
* Bike along rolling hills or any of the many paved paths
* Study over 100 species of birds in their natural habitat
* Check out the roadside stands for local produce
* Commune with nature
* Hike the trails at American Chestnut Land Trust
From the water sports to the hiking, fishing & camping, Calvert County offers a refreshing choice of outdoor activities and scenic views. It's a wonderful place to visit and an even better place to live.
Lear more about the area, and what makes Calvert County in Southern Maryland, stand out as being a great place to visit, and an even better place to live! Visit: All About Calvert County
Calvert County Real Estate offers a variety of home styles & prices, search for all real estate listings of homes in Calvert County, visit: Calvert County Real Estate
We welcome your inquires! Feel free to contact us!
Rita Minion & Chris Minion
Your Calvert County Real Estate Connection!
O'Brien Realty - Solomons
Visit: Solomons Island Homes