Recently Rick Rogala, the Real Estate Marketing Coach from Chicago, put up his list of top ten business/motivaitional/inspirational books, and being the book worm that I am, I thought I'd put up my own top ten. Susan Emo and I came up with an idea to do our own. Susan's is great and has some books not found on the top shelf. Check her's out!
1. The E-Myth, by Michael Gerber. If you want to run a business, instead of having just a sales job, this is an absolute MUST READ. This was life changing for me. Turning the Entrepreneur into a business owner.
2. Book of Proverbs, The Bible. Check out the ramblings of the richest man that ever lived. Chuck full of easy to understand stories, parables and quotes on how to gain wisdom, success and wealth.
3. Emotional Intellegience, Daniel Goleman. This is perhaps the book that has had the biggest influence on my business career. Speaks of recognizing your emotions and those emotions of the people around you, and how that influences your behavior.
4. How to Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie. An absolute must read. Enough said. Ok, well, one more thing. Did you know Warren Buffett credits a lot of his success to a Dale Carnegie course?
5. The Success Principles, Jack Canfield. Confession here- I am not all the way through this. So far, this is TREMENDOUSLY strong at helping me determine what is important.
6. Good to Great, Jim Collins. Good is the enemy of Great. Don't settle.
7. Richest Man in Babylon, George Clason. A quick must read for everyone who has finances ( I believe that would be all of us!
8. Art of the Deal, Donald Trump with Tony Schwartz. This is Trump before the TV show and a lot of the fame. Back when he was a hungry, smart and aggresive deal maker. Great insight that hasn't been watered down just to pump out a book.
9. Rich Dad Poor Dad, Robert Kiyosaki. Basic but fundamental book about employees, self employed, business owners and investors. Success doesn't have to be complicated.
10. The Purpose Driven Life, Rick Warren. Faith is a big part of this book, but even if you are not religious, this book is very insightful and will probably help you get through some sticking points in your business and life.
Snowball, Alice Schroeder
You Can Negotiate Anything, Herb Cohen
The Puple Cow, Seth Godin
Often Wrong Never in Doubt, Donny Deutsch
let my people go surfing, the education of a reluctant businessman, Yvon Chouinard
Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Steven Covey
You'll notice I didn't put a link to Amazon or Barnes and Noble for any of these books. Either go to your library or support your local book reseller. I've never had a Barnes, Noble, or an Amazon list or sell their home with me, or donate to our local causes. BUT I have had employees of our local bookstore , River Run Bookstore in Portsmouth, look at my homes, and donate to our charities!
RE/MAX Coast To Coast