Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
1. The E-Myth, by Michael Gerber. If you want to run a business, instead of having just a sales job, this is an absolute MUST READ. This was life changing for me. Turning the Entrepreneur into a business owner.
2. Book of Proverbs, The Bible. Check out the ramblings of the richest man that ever lived. Chuck full of easy to understand stories, parables and quotes on how to gain wisdom, success and wealth.
3. Emotional Intellegience, Daniel Goleman. This is perhaps the book that has had the biggest influence on my business career. Speaks of recognizing your emotions and those emotions of the people around you, and how that influences your behavior.
4. How to Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie. An absolute must read. Enough said. Ok, well, one more thing. Did you know Warren Buffett credits a lot of his success to a Dale Carnegie course?
5. The Success Principles, Jack Canfield. Confession here- I am not all the way through this. So far, this is TREMENDOUSLY strong at helping me determine what is important.
6. Good to Great, Jim Collins. Good is the enemy of Great. Don't settle.
7. Richest Man in Babylon, George Clason. A quick must read for everyone who has finances ( I believe that would be all of us!
8. Art of the Deal, Donald Trump with Tony Schwartz. This is Trump before the TV show and a lot of the fame. Back when he was a hungry, smart and aggresive deal maker. Great insight that hasn't been watered down just to pump out a book.
9. Rich Dad Poor Dad, Robert Kiyosaki. Basic but fundamental book about employees, self employed, business owners and investors. Success doesn't have to be complicated.
10. The Purpose Driven Life, Rick Warren. Faith is a big part of this book, but even if you are not religious, this book is very insightful and will probably help you get through some sticking points in your business and life.
Snowball, Alice Schroeder
You Can Negotiate Anything, Herb Cohen
The Puple Cow, Seth Godin
Often Wrong Never in Doubt, Donny Deutsch
let my people go surfing, the education of a reluctant businessman, Yvon Chouinard
Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Steven Covey
You'll notice I didn't put a link to Amazon or Barnes and Noble for any of these books. Either go to your library or support your local book reseller. I've never had a Barnes, Noble, or an Amazon list or sell their home with me, or donate to our local causes. BUT I have had employees of our local bookstore , River Run Bookstore in Portsmouth, look at my homes, and donate to our charities!
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.