Most people send generic greetings for various holidays or a generic personalized news letter that really isn't personalized...a form letter with a name hand written at the top. Often times in this generic personalized newsletter..the words sending you a personal note seems to be part of the language and if you are thinking you are fooling people you are not!
One thing I found is most will mail at the time when the rest of the world does the same Christmas.. Thanksgiving and the New Year...and often times...their sphere doesn't hear from them until next year..and you want them to think of you when it comes to real estate right? ...why not think outside the box...and think about the what, the when and how you like to receive correspondence or personal contact..from a friend..a co-worker or even a service provider.
A couple of things to think about....
1. Since your newsletter is typed already..why not place a generic greeting at the top..that way no hand written names...simply...place... From my home to yours....just touching base...Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours....Hope this finds you well! I think you get the message a hand written name is not necessary at all! And when everything is typed and looks smashing you just cheezed up your newsletter by adding a name...which looks like an after thought or merely a solicitation.
2. While most send a newsletter during the biggest holidays of the year...think about this...how about Valentine's Day when you know your customer lost a loved one...or 4th of July when a customer is alone...I think these things are important to think about...each holiday means different things to different people and sometimes...those holidays that are filled with family...friends and loved ones can be very lonely..and you can make a difference and possibly a friend for life.
3. Often times we expect people to automatically use us just because we are friends...because we know each other..because we think they should but the fact of the matter...they have to think of us more than just friends..more like their real estate professional for life..and just like those you don't know...you have to earn their business... and build their trust as a real estate professional!
4. Some of the most popular mail outs I have ever sent...were for off holidays..a typed poem and a small update of what's going on in my life with a little dash of me asking for business..to be their REALTOR for life. All typed..with a generic intro so someone doesn't feel like an after thought or part of a mass production line! These things matter and are remembered and observed!
5. I hear many trainers state how frequently you should contact your sphere but my thoughts might be a little different..some say 6 or 12 times a year but I think very differently..its much more than that...just think about the relationships you have with your best friend or your family...how frequently do you talk to them on the phone? Email them? and write..let's not forget the visit...wrap it all together and what do you got..its about 32 times touching base with them. While some might view as excessive or the thought they don't have time...in truth..you already established the friendship now work on business end!
Engaging Your Friends..Family...and Loved Ones!
When I think about it today...32 times a year is not that difficult with all the tools available... facebook...blog posts..twitter..get the picture..there are so many ways and this year is more important than ever to get your sphere working with you and for you!
If you are not finding success in your prospecting..its a good idea to look at tools you are using and methods that you chose.... take a look at what you put out as if you are the receiver..think about people first...your business will follow...think about the content and conversations...so people will actually read and listen...otherwise the feeling might not be mutual and better yet...if you really want to hit a home run...follow up any interaction with a phone call...email or a visit! I can tell you...if you won't do it someone else will!
Doesn't Everyone know a REALTOR?
Midori Miller is a licensed real estate associate with CENTURY 21 Sundance Realty, Real Estate Trainer and Manager. If you are interested in a career in real estate please contact me! All calls and inquiries are confidential. CENTURY 21 Sundance Realty is located in Volusia County with 3 office locations to better serve the public. Daytona Beach, Ormond Beach and Ormond by the Sea. email@example.com (386) 453-3236