I was looking for a famous quote and found General Colin Powell's 13 Rules to Live by – and it was great
1. It iisn't as bad as you think. It will look better in the morning.
2. Get mad, then get over it.
3. Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego goes with it.
4. It can be done!
5. Be careful what you choose. You may get it.
6. Don't let adverse facts stand in the way of a good decisions.
7. You can't make someone else's choices. You shouldn't let someone else make yours.
8. Check on small things.
9. Share credit. (do take all the credit)
10. Remain calm. Be kind.
11. Have a vision.
12. Don't take counsel of your fears or naysayers.
13. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.