My husband does not spend a dime he does not have to. This habit has its benefits in the kind of economy we are experiencing right now. Don't get me wrong, my husband is a true blue romantic, he just does things on the cheap.
It is easy to forget all about romance when we have no money to spend, but just in case you too are looking for ways to keep romance in your life, I have included my top 25 ideas for keeping the romance alive while not spending a lot if any money.
1. Eat dinner in by candlelight.
2. Make a picnic for two and go to the neighborhood park, nature center, or the back yard.
3. Swap baby/child sitting with a friend, so that you and your spouse can spend an hour, evening or weekend alone without interruption.
4. Make a Tennis Date to your local tennis court, oops, got exercise.
5. Attend free art gallery showings or other interesting events.
6. Give coupons for services to spouse or significant other for doing a nicety.
7. Put the kids to bed early or just put them to bed. Spend the rest of the evening on teh back porch sipping wine, catting and watching the stars.
8. Take a day trip to the mountains to see the fall leaves.
9. Ride around the neighborhood ooooing and awing at the neighbors Christmas lights.
10. Run though the sprinkler.
11. Turn off the TV.
12. Play flashlight tag with your kids in the back yard.
13. Go downtown to watch lighting of the Christmas Tree.
14. Have a picnic in back yard or place you can see the stars on a Summer night.
15. Go play in the snow.
16. Laugh Often.
17. Take a day trip to the beach.
20. Do what she likes to do today.
21. Do what he likes to do today.
22. Go to bed early.
23. Read to each other.
24. Write a love note.
25. Turn on the Music.
I was not really intending to make my own to-do list, but since I have you may not hear from me for awhile. I am going to be busy having a more Romantic life with my Penny Pincher