I have sees several posts asking questions like:
- Have you gotten any leads from Active Rain?
- Do you feel this is a production use of time?
My answer based on my personal experience is ABSOLUTELY YES!
Since joining Active Rain I have received many benefits:
- Made many new friends among top real estate professionals.
- Exchanged ideas and have learned more than I could have imagined.
- Picked up new clients.
- Learned of industry and market changes.
- Discussed and debated situations that we face from day to day and have received great advice.
- Met agents from other states that I can refer clients to and hopefully who will do the same.
- Learned on new products and services, several that I have incorporated into my business.
- Adjusted my business plan to incorporate what I learned on Active Rain.
- Reduced my thoughts to writing.
The last one is something that may be the most underestimated value of blogging.
Your goals, your business plan and everything to do are more likely to be done if it is reduced to writing. Thinking and speaking generally do not turn into action as well as if it is reduced to writing.
Something a good client pointed out to me recently was that he and his wife read several of my blog posts and used that to decide they wanted to work with me. How powerful is that? They did not know any of the real estate agents and they were able to silently interview me by reading my blogs and came to a conclusion about what they may expect when they deal with me.
So if anyone in the future asks me if the time I spent on Active Rain is worth it. My answer is ABSOLUTELY YES!