It is so important to have my game plan ready for marketing a property and giving it the best exposure possible as a new listing. Provided that the home is in "showing condition ready" those first 24 hours are crucial to get all marketing material ready and out for the public to consume.
- I take dozens of pictures before the listing is even ready to put on the MLS to ensure that I have MANY pictures for different sites that I post the listing on. I never rely on one shot of one room. I take MANY with different views and angles because you just don't know how they'll look until you get home and look at them.
- I also have my flyer and brochures made and already in the home for showing appointments.
- My booklet of property info is already in the home as well along with magnetic 'things to do' notepads an keychains and other odds and ends for guests to take with them.
- As soon as the property is up and running on our Honolulu MLS system I insert the pictures which are already sized for input.
- I already have my www.realestateshows.com show ready and slap that link directly into our virtual tour entry spot and wham! That's up and running within the first 10 minutes as well.
- My flyer with the tour (made from www.realestateshows.com) is up and running on my ActiveRain blog as well as all the spots that they have linked to the show when you click for submission (i.e. Google Base,Trulia, Zillow, Oodle, Hotpads, Vast, Geebo, Viewr and Clickapost)
- I download the property show from www.realestateshows.com and my husband burns them to cd with the pictures and my info right on it. I keep a few for handing out...and also put a few in the home for showing appointments and for the Open Houses.
- Enter the listing into our Century 21 site and Realtor.com and enhance the listings with slide shows, music, additional pictures and so forth.
- Trulia and Craigslist even get the property listing on their sites too.
Why are those first 24 hours crucial? All the input I enter for one listing are getting exposure ....and Google Alerts me within a few hours. That means it's all over the internet and the consumer is viewing. You are also giving your client's property the best possible marketing tools on and off the internet with all the marketing material I've described here.
The buyer who walks into the home will walk away with the cd and NOT forget the home...they can play it over and over. The other informational material will surely give them loads of info so they are well informed and can make a uniformed decision within those first few hours after viewing.
Your listing will leave a lasting impression on the consumer...and you have given the property loads of exposure and given the seller reason to say you've done a 'phenomenal job' of marketing their property.
Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman is a Realtor-Associate with Century 21 Liberty Homes in Mililani, Hawaii. With a sharp understanding that a listening ear is the key to a client's needs she serves the island of Oahu (Honolulu County) and all Hawaii Military Relocating to Hawaii, Hawaii Retirees, Hawaii Job Transfers and Hawaii Residents. Website: www.hawaiihomesmarket.com