Cole House Design recently came across a supposed home staging blog on http://www.realestateblooms.com/. At first I thought it was another article on the benefits of home staging, however as I read on, it started to get a little strange. I am assuming the article was NOT written by an actual home stager.
Here are a few excerpts from the article. Note that I have not altered the wording or the spelling mistakes for that matter (LOL). Read on to see if you find it odd as well!
"Here are some excellent tips for staging your home:
- Remove all the clutters.
- Sell the old canned goods, light bulbs, and similar other unnecessary items.
- Putting up few nice wall hangings will elevate the room decor.
- You can get hold of a professional real estate agent who can help you in getting an interior designer, painter, and plumber to get your home staging done.
- Spray room freshener all around so that your home smells good.
- Small decorative things like vases, scented candles can be used to make your rooms look larger.
- Playing a soft music in the background on the day of the buyer's visit can help in camouflaging traffic noise."
Well if nothing else...it gave me my laugh of the day (LOL)!!
With blogs like this to be easily found on the internet, you can begin to understand why numerous home owners and Realtors are confused on what we as professional home stagers ACTUALLY DO to improve the sale of a property.
Cole House Design is a home staging and interior redesign firm serving the Halton and Peel Regions of Ontario. With our knowledgeable advice and professional service, we can help you attract the quality buyers you are looking for!
Thanks for reading!
Nicole Hurst - (President)
(Cole House Design, experts in home staging and interior decorating serves Georgetown, Mississauga, Brampton, Milton, Oakville and area.)