I find that many home buyers wait until they sit with a lender to really assess their credit situation. As with any health situations, you wnat to take action before things gets worse. Credit is no different
Your credit is your financial health, so take control ahead of time and save your self the headache of dealing with erronious credit information.
If like to advise my buyers to challenge every/any negative information on their credit report. Don't leave anything to chance.
Here are a few tips to consider and get you moving forward to cleaning your credit for that home purchase.
Your Debt Assessment
- List all your creditors separately
- list the total amount owed to each creditor
- list the monthly payment amount to each creditor
Your Assests Assessment
- List your accounts separately
- list the total value of each item
- for your salaries, list the monthly amount and yearly amount to figure out how much of your salary you are really spending.
- Include all money coming in
Compare your assets to debt, use this format to clear up debt by paying the account with the highest interest rate first and work your way down the list. Make higher minimum payments on all accounts when possible.
Emmaniece Gordon, CDPE, Associate Broker
B.S., GRI, ABR, e-PRO, ASP, CAS
By the way!Who do you know who is thinking of Buying or Selling Real Estate or simply facing financial hardship in paying their mortgage?Help is only a phone call away! As a Certified Distressed Property Expert, I‘m never too busy to help you, your family and friends. "Together We Achieve More, Because No One Ever Succeeds Alone!"
Gordon HomeSource Group@
Keller Williams Realty Flagship
SEARCH ALL HOMES FOR SALE IN MARYLAND BY ALL AGENTS!