Time changes this weekend, which signifies that Spring is well on its way. Can you believe it? It seems like Spring has sprung upon us in the blink of an eye. And I already have some of my clients asking me for advice on spring decorating tips. Therefore, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to blog about some great methods for spring decorating.
Some of the most effective ways to start your spring decorating is to add or change some of the fabrics around your home with lighter colors. This could be chair covers, couch covers, window coverings, table clothes, bed linens, etc. Adding sheer window coverings to your windows will be wonderful for bringing in the beautiful Spring sunrays that are coming.
And here are more great tips to get you moving in the right direction for Spring decorating:
· Rearranging your furniture can give your room a whole new look and feel. Think about giving the room a new focal point. If the room is squared off, try giving it an angle.
· Rearranging your accessories can also help give your room a new look. Try replacing old artwork with newer ones. Use lighter frames to display photos and use fewer accessories to give the room a more airy look.
· Now is the perfect time to take up those heavy area rugs that were great for winter and replace them with light colored cotton rugs.
· It's time to box up your dark colored floral arrangements and replace them with fresh green ones. It's amazing how the feel of a room will change instantly with fresh spring flowers.
· De-clutter all your home's rooms. A great way to de-clutter your rooms but still keep the things you need in them is to buy decorative baskets and keep your items in them. This keeps those items out of the way and they won't be such an eyesore anymore.
· If you have a fireplace, clean it out and use the space to add fresh, light colored candles. Scented candles are great for fragrancing the room.
Following these tips should make your spring decorating quick and easy. I hope you enjoy the outcome.