Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
What is a 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchange? In a nutshell, it's a way for owners of investment real estate to sell their property and buy other like kind property without paying the Capital Gains tax. These transactions are known as deferred exchanges, or 1031 exchanges, and allow the investor to continue their investment in another property without losing investment equity to taxes.
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
● You may have some non-income producing real estate investments, such as raw land, which are not giving you any cash flow. You could exchange this for property that is income producing, such as a duplex or a rental home. Not only could you start realizing a cash flow, but you can also get income tax deductions such as depreciation, which you did not have with your raw land.
● Often people find that they have been holding properties long after their appreciation has topped out. You can start rebuilding your equity by disposing of those properties and acquiring new ones.
● The area your rental properties are located in has become economically depressed or is deteriorating. Why not trade those properties for others in a better location or neighborhood?
● If you have rental properties with problem tenants or they are in need of expensive maintenance or repairs, sell the properties and acquire other rentals with fewer problems. This may also give you an increase in appreciation.
● Many people think about selling and reinvesting into more income or investment property. One would be foolish not to do a tax-deferred exchange! If you sell and reinvest, you will pay income taxes on the realized gain. However, if you call it an exchange, you will pay no taxes. This means that more money is available as leverage for acquiring your next properties. Look at it as a free loan from the government!
● With proper estate planning you can keep exchanging properties throughout your lifetime. Neither you nor your heirs will ever pay income taxes on the gains.
● By doing a tax-deferred exchange, you can conserve your equity by not having to pay taxes on your net profits.
Step One: Sale of the Relinquished PropertyBefore the sale of the first property the Exchanger must complete the proper 1031 Exchange documentation. At closing, the proceeds are delivered directly to a Qualified Intermediary.
Step Two: Identification of the Replacement PropertyThe Exchanger must identify the property to be purchased (generally called the "Replacement Property") within 45 days following the sale of the Relinquished Property. The taxpayer may generally identify three properties as a potential Replacement Property, or more under alternate rules of identification.
Step Three: Purchase of the Replacement PropertyThe Exchanger must obtain the Replacement Property within 180 days following the sale of the Relinquished Property, which must be identified property, subject to the rules listed above. At closing, the proceeds are paid directly by the Qualified Intermediary, and the Exchanger receives the Deed to the Replacement Property.
Replacement Properties must be identified within 45 days of the sale of the Relinquished Property and must be purchased within 180 days of the sale of the Relinquished Property.
If you are considering selling an investment property, I can help you explore your real estate investment options here on Hilton Head Island or anywhere in the country. Contact me today for more information.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.