The Lucky Catch with Captain Tom, Portland Maine
No, No, No..The Tough Get Back to Basics, right? Today I attended a seminar titled Get Back to Basics, but my mind wandered to the sign on my husband's fishing boat, When the Going Gets Tough the Tough Go Fishing. Same idea, right? This tough market has a lot of real estate agents whining about how tough it is to make a sale. I have even found a few here in the rain.
What's the normal turnover rate for real estate agents? In good years the failure rate is about 70%. In bad years the failure rate is about 70%. If the failure rate is the same in bad markets as it is in good markets what's the difference? The difference is successful agents are busy in both good & bad markets and the biggest difference is the type of activity successful agents engage in versus unsuccessful agents.
- Successful agents prospect for new business every day
- Successful agents do what makes $$$ first
- Successful agents have a business plan
- Successful agents set SMART GOALS
- Successful agents have positive attitude and it's catchy
- Successful agents are willing to work harder than unsuccessful agents
Successful agents not only work harder they work smarter. They are willing to do what it takes to be successful in any market.