- Greg Schowe-1031 Exchanges
- Asset Preservation, Inc.
- Contact Greg Schowe-1031 Exchanges (Asset Preservation, Inc.)
- Office Phone
- (800) 282-1031
- Cell Phone
- (314) 369-8766
- (636) 246-0064
- You have 1031 Exchange questions, we have 1031 Exchange answers. Nationally recognized company. Highest Security of Funds. Local expert serving KS, MO and Southern IL.
Greg Schowe is a Division Manager for Asset Preservation, Inc. Greg's background in
1031 tax deferred exchanges, along with his past seven years involvement in the real estate
industry, make him a trusted local resource for the §1031 tax deferred exchange community.
Asset Preservation, a subsidiary of Stewart Title Company, is a leading national IRC
§1031 "Qualified Intermediary" and is efficiently handling exchanges in every state.
Combining a national title company as a partner has proven to be the approach of choice
by astute investors. Asset Preservation is one of the most respected national Qualified Intermediaries
in the United States and has successfully completed over 130,000 §1031 exchanges
throughout the nation.
Greg dedicates a significant portion of his time speaking to accountants, attorneys, real
estate brokers and principals in the state of Kansas, Missouri and Southern Illinois. His exchange
presentations are always practical and feature many real-life exchange scenarios
to illustrate a wide range of investment and tax strategies.
About Asset Preservation, Inc.
As a leading national qualified intermediary, Asset Preservation, Inc. (API) is committed to providing its exchange
clients with unmatched customer service and the highest level of security available in the §1031 exchange industry. From
the client's first contact with an API representative, API's professional exchange counselors, attorneys and accountants
work together to meet the client's service needs in order to ensure a smooth transaction with no surprises. In the background,
API management maintains tight financial controls and multi-layered security systems necessary to provide a
level of comfort and quality of performance relied on by sophisticated investors and Corporate America; we call it the
"The API AdvantageTM."
• Established in 1990, API has successfully facilitated over 130,000 tax deferred exchanges including reverse, improvement and personal property.
• API's Exchange Counselors, attorneys and accountants provide personal attention to each exchange.
• API's specialized Commercial Division staff handle complex exchange transactions where sophistication,
speed and institutional flexibility are needed to get the job done.
• API is a member in good standing of the Federation of Exchange Accommodators, the tax deferred exchange
industry's only national trade organization.
• API's staff are available for free consultation regarding all §1031 exchange matters.
• API's website includes the ability to initiate a tax deferred exchange 24/7 at www.apiexchange.com.
• API maintains a fidelity bond with coverage in the aggregate amount of $25,000,000 and has Errors & Omissions
coverage in the amount of $2,000,000. API has implemented other protections for its clients that go beyond
the typical protections offered by other qualified intermediaries.
• API is a member of the Stewart Family of companies under the umbrella of Stewart Information Services,
Inc. (Stewart), a NYSE publicly traded company. Stewart Title Company, Inc. (STC) issues a Letter of Assurance
(LOA) to each of API's exchange clients upon request. Under the terms of this LOA, STC assures API's
performance of its obligations under its Exchange Agreement. The coverage provided by the LOA is not
limited to a specific dollar amount like a bond or Errors & Omissions coverage.
• As a member of the Stewart family of companies, API is audited twice each year, once by Stewart's internal
audit group and a second time by Stewart's outside auditor, KPMG. The internal and external audits involve
complete audits of the books and policies and procedures of API.
• A separate Exchange Account is established for each client. Exchange funds are not commingled with API's
operating accounts. The client may require a notarized signature for the movements of funds -
a security feature that assures exchange funds are moved only at the direction of the client.