- Mary Kay Hopkins, e-PRO,GRI,CRS
- Mary Kay Hopkins, LLC e-PRO, GRI, CRS, CRB
- Contact Mary Kay Hopkins, e-PRO,GRI,CRS (Mary Kay Hopkins, LLC e-PRO, GRI, CRS, CRB)
- Office Phone
- (337) 439-1079
- Cell Phone
- (337) 515-5137
- (800) 884-9393
- 120 Dr. Michael DeBakey Drive, Lake Charles, LA, 70601
- Mine is a specialty real estate business. I represent individual and estate land owners in Southwest Louisiana as well as select real estate agents and firms.
Business Model and Blog Highlights
Because of my growing technology related work (MKH Resource Center) with real estate agents, brokers and associations such as my own wonderful association in Lake Charles, the brokerage model for Mary Kay Hopkins, LLC, is considerably different than the traditional real estate firm I owned for 25 years. In general, the model is one of the following;
- I partner with other agents/firms who place signs, advertise, and show and deal with buyers, leaving me as the sole broker/agent for the seller.
- Properties are listed through my brokerage firm, Mary Kay Hopkins, LLC.
- I refer you to an experienced agent.
Regardless of the model, pricing, intense reporting, creation of the marketing plan, implementation of internet marketing-including domains specific to the listing, and negotiations are my primary roles.
An example of listings placed with Mary Kay Hopkins, LLC can be found at BarbeProperty.com.
Nether approach allows disclosed dual agency. This means that I do not represent buyers on my listings.
The agents/firms with sign/marketing rights show my listings with a clear explanation to the seller and prospective buyers that the agent working with the buyer represents that buyer.
On properties listed with Mary Kay Hopkins, LLC, some signs read, "Ask your REALTOR about MLS# xxxx." This approach is user-friendly for buyers as well as real estate agents.
The marketing agents and firms I team with understand the dynamics of the model and are well versed in agency relationships.
My real estate specialty is selling vacant land in Southwest Louisiana. I have had particular success assisting out of state sellers, including estates, who need to sell property in Louisiana.
I am quite familiar with working with land-locked properties as well as properties with multiple owners.
If you need assistance in locating property that you have inherited or need help locating owners of property near yours, let me know as I am well versed in researching property locations and owners for both individuals and estates.
I hold and value the following:
- GRI, Graduate, REALTORS Institute
- CRS, Certified Residential Specialist
I am the proud sponsor of Margaret Place Historical District here on Active Rain
Another area I sponsor here is the beautiful and historic Shell Beach Drive area.
Causes I support:
The Margaret Place Historical District.
The Calcasieu Historical Preservation Society provides a voice for preservation across the parish.
The 4 Paws Society is on of the hardest working groups I know. From adoption events to animal advocacy, this is a group every dog owner should support.
The Hobo Hotel for Cats, like the 4 Paws Society, is "out there" promoting their cats and the mesage to Spay and Neuter.
A few blogs specific to my vacant land listings in Lake Charles are as follows:
Profile and Website Examples
Highlights of my profile include:
- 25 years as the broker of Mary Kay Hopkins, Inc.,
- focused on residential with strong relocation business
- first real estate firm in North America to be certified to the ISO 9002 quality standard.
- first small business to receive the Louisiana Quality Award.
- strong use of the internet to market homes.
- MLS membership with the Southwest Louisiana Association in Lake Charles, LA
- Member of the Class of 2004 Leadership Louisiana
- Founding director, National Bank of Commerce
- Past President of the Southwest Louisiana Association REALTORS
- REALTOR of the Year: 1978, 2005
- Served two terms on the Chamber/Southwest Board of Directors
- Chair: Palm Sunday Tour of Homes, Calcasieu Historical Preservation Society, 2012
- President: Margaret Place Historical District Board of Directors, 2012- present
The Mary Kay Hopkins Resource Center (MKHRC) has evolved over the past several years. Thanks to several forward-thinking, technology-savvy agents and firms and a wonderful part-time assistant, the Resource Center now has a host of clients that utilize us to support their technology applications.
- Build websites
- Maintain websites
- Website reviews
- Manage web-related programs such as
A sampling of Joomla websites for real estate and other Louisiana businesses and non-profits built through the Mary Kay Hopkins Resource Center:
While the Resource Center manages most of these sites using auto-notification, the beauty of Joomla is that those wanting to insert their own listings and photos can do so.
For more information about how to utilize the Mary Kay Hopkins Resource Center, call 337-439-1079. Besides being quite proficient with Joomla, we can assist with your Advanced Access, Point 2 Agent, Homes.com, and practically any real estate website service.
We can help you set your Active Rain and/or Independent Blog.
The office is located in the Margaret Place Historical District at 120 Dr. Michael DeBakey Drive. Appointment only, please.
We proudly sponsor the Margaret Place Historical District here on Active Rain.
Licensed by the Louisiana Real Estate Commission.
There are several listings of interest on BarbePropery.com, including the 50 m/l acres that make up Old Barbe Woods.
Learn more at BarbeProperty.com or consider the possibilities as outlined in my post, "A simple idea for Old Barbe Woods."
Mary Kay Hopkins is a real estate broker in Lake Charles, LA licensed by the Louisiana Real Estate Commission.