Delighting clients over and over - they come back for more! James G Gilbert, CDPE. MBA. MSE, is licensed as an Associate Broker in VA and MD. Deanna L Gilbert, MA is licensed in Virginia.
Get to know Jim Gilbert
CDPE, MBA, MSA, MA: Why not have our Certified Distressed Property Expert, three Masters Degrees, Mediation and Negotiation Training and Personal Commitment to "knocking your socks off" on your side?
Read the facts below, but see what our latest clients said to find out why so many people recommend us to their friends!
"I would heartily recommend Jim and would use him again, should I need to buy or sell my next home.
After 11 months trying to sell our home with a different agent/realty company and having not even a single offer on the house despite lowering the price well below market and having multiple open houses, we interviewed several agents to see if we could come up with a successful sale. In the end, we went with Jim. Admittedly at that time, we weren't sure if this was the best choice. But within just 6 weeks we had 3 offers on our home and were under contract ABOVE the current asking price.
As we neared our settlement date, the buyer ran into issues with the underwriter needing "just one more thing" that ending up pushing our settlement date out one day at a time for two weeks. At one point, the buyer was technically in default, having passed the contract deadline to close the sale. However, Jim stayed on top of the issue and kept us informed daily and sometimes more often as things changed.
We finally did settle per the terms (except date) of the original contract offer.
We were literally pulling our hair out at some points, but Jim stayed on top of this and kept us from poking our eyes out. I'm SOOOOOOO glad we didn't decide to go with the 1.5% commission "hands off" sales option that we were very closing to choosing instead of Jim.
If you need a good realtor, Jim would be an excellent one to consider. I know I'll use him the next time I need a realtor." - David Moore, Bristow
"I came upon Jim Gilbert because after months of trying to sell the house we decided to look for a new agent. He mailed us a very detailed and professional market analysis which prompted me to call for more information. His wife was very reassuring and I set up appointment with Jim. He came to the house and was very pleasant and knowledgeable. I have to say I was very impressed. We agreed that we would go with him. What a great decision. Within a few weeks we had multiple showings and eventually got multiple offers above the asking price. He was well organized when he contacted the multiple agents to find us the best offer. The offer we eventually took ended up having issues closing, through no fault of ours or Jim?s. What a process. He was calm, reassuring and incredibly knowledgeable. He gave us great advice about what next steps should be. He was working in conjunction with my buying agent so that everyone was on the same page. He kept us well-informed about what was happening and what the ramifications would be. In the end, it all worked out. I was incredibly pleased with the service he provided us. Countless hours were spent trying to get things finalized and work through. He was incredibly patient, knowledgeable,"
A C Rhatican
- We get RESULTS: PWAR Top Producer for 2002-Present.
- We know REAL ESTATE: both involved with real estate for over 25 years in California, Pennsylvania and Virginia
- We know the AREA: Northern Virginia residents for 28 years
- Trained to LISTEN: Deanna has an MA in Marriage & Family Counseling from Pepperdine University - Trained to SELL: Jim was #1 in his UCLA MBA class focused on marketing & Finance
- Trained to ANALYZE: Jim also has a MS in Computer Engineering from the University of Michigan
- Trained to avoid problems and CLOSE DEALS using the most successful "Win/win" NEGOTIATION techniques: Jim has had professional negotiation training in classes at UCLA, Lockheed, Northrup-Grumman & Weichert
- Trained to resolve problems as they arise in your transaction: Deanna was trained by Northern Virginia Mediation to MEDIATE civil disputes to the standards of the Virginia Supreme Court
- Real FRIENDLY people: We have 4 kids, 3 dogs, houses, neighbors and friends in the area.
Jim Gilbert's Blog Posts
Helping you find the perfect Northern Virginia home for the best price Helping Northern Virginia homeowners sell their homes fast and for top dollar Coaching 1st-Time Buyers through the Homebuying Process for greater satisfaction with less stress Helping Homeowners ready to leave the area sell their homes and get on with their new life Helping Northern Virginia tenants find the right home to rent Helping Northern Virginia landlords find the right tenants Helping investors perform 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchanges Helping 1st-Time Landlords avoid costly mistakes