Make sure and go to my web blog at http://mmegowan.activerain.com . Also check out my website at http://www.maureenmegowan.com which has extensive information on buying or selling a home on the Palos Verdes Peninsula or the South Bay beach communities. I am among the top producing agents in Remax Palos Verdes Realty, and a member of the Remax Platinum club. I really listen to my clients and strive to get to know them and their families; to learn what their goals are and what is most important to them. I work hard to be the Best Palos Verdes Peninsula and Best South Bay Realtor possible!
I work as both a Seller's Listing Agent as well as a Buyer's Real Estate Agent. Working for both Sellers as well as Buyers makes for a better informed agent. I have four specialist certifications; Certified Palos Verdes Specialist , Seniors Real Estate Specialist, Certified Distressed Property Expert, and e-pro certification as an internet specialist.
The Certified Palos Verdes Specialist designation assures you that I have the specialized knowledge of the Palos Verdes Peninsula to ensure that yo purchase the perfect home. The Seniors Real Etate Specialist designation indicates that I have extensive knowledge of the specialized needs of our Senior Citizens in helping them meet their financial goals. The Certified Distressed Property Expert designation demonstrates that I have the specialized knowledge to advise homeowners on how best to deal with home loan delinquency issues, foreclosures, and short sales. The e-pro certification issued by the National Association of Realtors is specifically desinged to provide real estate professionals with the technology tools needed to assist consumers in the purchase or sale of a home.
I also have a bachelors degree from Calkifornia State University - Chico, as well as an advanced degree in fashion design from the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising. My eye for design is especially useful in helping a seller stage their home for maximum sales appeal. I have lived in Palos Verdes Estates for over 25 years, and have raised 3 boys here, and have been actively involved in community organizations.
My clients know that no one would work harder for them in either helping them locate their perfect home, or in helping them sell their home. I am totally dedicated to providing the best service available, and a lot of that comes from good communication. I treat my clients as I do my friends, and many of them have become good friends.
My website http://www.maureenmegowan.com has been designed to provide someone new to our area all of the information that they would need to make an informed decision about buying a home in our wondeerful community. That is why I work with many relocation clients.
Here are some excerpts of testimonials I have received from my clients ( full testimonials may be read at the end of my profile);
"Our experience with Maureen was more than just exceptional"
"Maureen did a fantastic job marketing our property"
"Maureen is really an exceptional agent. She gives 110% for her clients. She is dedicated, honest, patient, smart, and makes her clients feel like family. Even your mother wouldn't give you this much attention if she was your real estate agent . No one will ever give you the service that Maureen will"
"I highly recommend Maureen to anyone searching for real estate, especially if you are new to the area. . . She is an excellent Realtor and has become a great friend!"
Why do People Move to the Palos Verdes Peninsula ?
I have had numerous clients that were considering job transfers to the Los Angeles area, and after considering many different possible locations in the Los Angeles area decided to buy a home on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. The following are the key reasons in their decisions:
1. Quality of Local School System :The Palos Verdes Unified School System is one of the best in the State, and our schools consistently rank among the top in standardized test scores. These can be verified at the following link on my seb site : PV School Info . People recognize the value of having strong local public schools and the cost savings that can be achieved when they don't have to send their kids to private schools.
2. Rural Atmosphere : The foresight of the city planners of the 4 cities on the Palos Verdes Peninsula to insure the preservation of open space has made the Palos Verdes Peninsula an island of tranquility in the urban jungle that is Los Angeles County. In additon, the maintenance of equestrian oiented trails and rights of way have preserved this rural way of life for all of us.
3. Larger Lot Sizes and Set back Requirements: Compared to most of the local beach communities, our city governments on the hill have maintained building standards to limit the "mansionation" of homes here. Most of our cities have limitations on the size of the foundation of a home as well as strict neighborhood compatability regulations to make sure that new homes do not sit on top of each other and give all of us breathing room.
4. Our Beautiful Views and Proximity to the Ocean: We are so fortunate to enjoy the spectacular views along our coastline, as well as the magnificent city views that we also have. People who are looking to relocate here are absolutely blown away by the beauty and spectacular views that many of the homes here have. Even if you do not have a view from your home, we all enjoy the spectacular setting that we live in just when we are driving around the Peninsula. I have lived here for 24 years, and have never taken the beauty of this area for granted.
5. The Weather: Because of the moderating influence of the ocean, our weather varies very little from month to month compared to most areas of the Los Angeles basin. The cool ocean breezes cool us during the summer, and the ocean also tends to moderate cold temperatures in the winter. I live in Lunada Bay and I don't think that our high tempertures vary by more than about 10 degrees for most of the year. Most of the older homes on the Peninsula that are near the ocean do not even have air conditioning.
6. Our Sense of Community: My husband and I have raised 3 boys in the Lunada Bay area of Palos Verdes Estates, and we have made so many friends over the years through other parents participation with their children in their school programs and sports programs. Our boys played for many years in the baseball leagues, basketball leagues, and soccer programs on the Hill, and we have found most of the people that we have met to be friendly and non-pretentious. We have had some relocation clients comment to us that in the well off areas that they are moving from that people tend to treat their homes as status symbols, but I believe that most of the residents on the Hill see their houses as truly their homes.
Please call me at 310-259-7124 if you would like help in finding the perfect home on the Palos Verdes Peninsula or in one of the other beautiful South Bay beach communities.
PalosVerdes Estates is one of the most beautiful cities in the world to live. The Palos Verdes Peninsula is also one of the wealthiest communities in the country, as described in the Los Angeles Business Journal. Palos Verdes Estates has an extremely interesting history and it is one of the best examples of city planning and controlled growth of any small to medium sized city in the United States. Palos Verdes has only a limited number of entrances to the city, and many of the streets end at the city limits.Over 25% of the city's 4.75 square miles is zoned as permanent park land and is maintained in its natural state. Much of this parkland is scattered throughout the city and provide natural areas between different clusters of homes. Although there are some areas of the city with horse trails, none of the homes are zoned to maintain horses, and horses must be stabled at the Palos Verdes Stables or other privately owned stables in the area.
For detailed information on the other cities on the Palos Verdes Peninsula and the South Bay beach communities, click on the following links:
PALOS VERDES ESTATES REAL ESTATE RANCHO PALOS VERDES REAL ESTATE ROLLING HILLS ESTATES / PALOS VERDES PENINSULA REAL ESTATE ROLLING HILLS REAL ESTATE MANHATTAN BEACH REAL ESTATE HERMOSA BEACH REAL ESTATE REDONDO BEACH REAL ESTATE EL SEGUNDO REAL ESTATE TORRANCE REAL ESTATE SAN PEDRO REAL ESTATE