Whiting Law Group is a top law firm representing victims of personal injury, truck accidents, construction accidents, medical malpractice and wrongful death.
Get to know Timothy M. Timothy
Timothy M. Whiting is a leading truck accident and personal injury attorney. With a “blue-collar” upbringing, Tim is committed to fighting for those harmed by the wrongdoing of others.
Tim has a proven track record of holding trucking companies, truck drivers and others in the transportation chain accountable for the death, damages and harm caused by their lack of concern for safety. He has also successfully brought large corporations, hospitals, doctors and others to account for their harmful negligence. Tim has represented victims of personal injury and trucking accidents across the country, winning jury verdicts and settlements in over 10 counties across four states.
Since 2001, Tim and his firm have won more than $130 million in awards for clients. The following are just a few of Tim’s notable truck accident and personal injury case results:
- $8,000,000 for Wrongful Death of a Truck Driver in a Chemical Plant Explosion in Illinois
- $3,000,000 for Wrongful Death of a Truck Driven in a Truck Accident in Oklahoma
- $2,950,000 for a Man Injured in a Truck Accident in Wisconsin
- $2,500,000 for Victim of Runaway Car at Auto Auction in Illinois
- $1,850,000 for the Wrongful Death of a 3-Month-Old Due to Medical Malpractice in Illinois
- $1,700,000 for a 76-year Old Man Struck and Killed by an Ambulance Truck in Southern Illinois
- $1,550,000 for a 22-Year Old Woman Killed Truck Accident in Illinois
- $1,425,000 for Victims Killed or Injured in a Truck Accident in Indiana
- $1,000,000 for a Truck Driver Killed in a Trucking Accident in Southern Illinois
- $750,000 for the Wrongful Death of an 82 Year-Old Man in a Trucking Accident in Wisconsin
As a result of his accomplishments in representing victims of personal injury and truck accidents, Tim has been recognized as one of the Top 100 Lawyers in Illinois by the American Trial Lawyers Association since 2008. In 2015, he was named a Leading Lawyer for Personal Injury Law, an honor earned by fewer than 5% of attorneys in Illinois. Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, a top legal publication rating lawyer’s abilities, has given Tim the highest ranking for Legal Ability and Success. Tim has previously been named by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company as one of the Top 40 Lawyers Under Age 40 in Illinois.Charitable and Volunteer Activities
Tim serves on the Board of Catholic Charities and its Legal Advisory Committee. He is also very active in the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois by raising awareness about kidney disease and live kidney donation, and fundraising for the organization. Every month, Tim and his firm serve meals to the homeless and make contributions to a number of local charities and food pantries including Casa Catalina, St. Clement’s Hospitality Hour and Catholic Charities Thursday Night Suppers Program.Involvement in the Legal Community
Tim serves as a member of the Interstate Trucking Litigation Group of theAmerican Association for Justice. Tim has previously served on the National Advisory Board for APITLA, a national association of truck accident attorneys.
Recognized as a top truck accident attorney, Tim is frequently asked to speak on truck accident litigation topics at national conferences with leading truck accident attorneys from across the country.
A graduate of the University of Wisconsin Law School, Tim is licensed to practice in both Wisconsin and Illinois.
IL - Active And Authorized To Practice Law - 1995 - 11/12/2015
WI - Good Standing - 1994 - 08/28/2015
IN - Temporary Admission Excluded - 2008 - 11/30/2015
Top 40 Lawyers Under Age 40 in Illinois - The Law Bulletin Publishing Company