A magnificent Tanglewood home
This property was staged and quickly sold!
Approximately 6000 square feet of
Furnishings and accessories
Houston Home Staging!
(Please enjoy our video
Houston Home Staging
HOUSTON HOME STAGING... a moving experience!
We'd like to hear from you: email@example.com
Houston Home Staging... a moving experience!
Source for the photo montage above is Houston Home Staging on Pinterest!
To view our 'BEST OF" videos, click on the photo montage above!
Click on the link to our website (or click here) to learn more about our newly published book!
Houston Home Staging Presents:
Staging Stories by Alicia Barrington
with Photographs from Debi Beauregarde
Boasting over 250 pages of text and photographs, this book is a must-read for:
Professional Home Stagers, Real Estate Professionals, and Home Sellers!
Houston Home Staging
now accepts: ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS
We'd like to hear from you: HoustonHomeStaging@SBCGlobal.Net
Source: Houston Home Staging
Tanglewood subdivision is located just west of the inner loop and its boundaries are Briar drive to the north, Chimney Rock to the west, San Felipe to the South and South Post Oak Lane to the East.
Tanglewood Real Estate Market Report from Janurary 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011
|Number of Homes Sold||42|
|Average Day on Market||151|
|Sales Price Range||$540,000 to $4,890,000|
|Average Sales Price||$1,479,852|
Square Foot Price Change Data 1994 - 2010 for Tanglewood
For more information on buying or selling real estate in
Tanglewood, contact Steven Teoh at (832) 298-2893 or
E-mail: Steven Teoh, your Houston Luxury Homes
Tanglewood, named after the book Tanglewood Tales, by Nathaniel Hawthorne, was developed in the summer of 1949 by the William G. Farrington Company who purchased 300 acres just west of the city limits from Humble Pipeline Company, now Exxon. This initial property was located in the area that is now between San Felipe and Woodway and between Sage and Chimney Rock. An additional 450 acres north of Woodway had been purchased. Since the land was still considered outside the city limits, a water district had to be formed. Section 1 of Tanglewood, with its entrance from Post Oak Lane, consisted of 32 lots that were placed on the market in January, 1949. The homes were built to take advantage of air conditioning and the community had the distinction of being the most air-conditioned subdivision in the Southwest. Since most of the land was still open prairie, each home site was planted with two large oak trees plus three oaks added on every corner. Big lots, typically 1/4-acre to 3/4-acre, are in keeping with Farrington plan for an upscale community. Seven new homes were ready for the grand opening. As a result, Tanglewood is now one of Houston’s most beautiful wooded areas. Although Tanglewood had been annexed by the city, there was no telephone, bus, or garbage service, and little police protection. Developer William Farrington, quickly resolved these problems. The deed restrictions of Tanglewood were rigidly enforced by the Tanglewood Homes Association. These included front and side line setbacks for every home. Prior to any construction, plans had to be approved by an Architectural Control Committee. The original ideals and restrictions of the developer are still carried out by the Tanglewood Homes Association. The Association is financed by a mills tax per lot with proceeds used for back-door garbage pick up, police protection, and maintenance of esplanades and green areas. In 1951, Tanglewood was recognized by the National Association of Home Builders in Washington, D.C. as one of the five best-planned neighborhood subdivisions in the United States. In 1954, the Houston Country Club purchased 150 acres from Tanglewood and an additional 125 acres from the Bering family. In order to have enough land for a golf course, an additional 25 acres were also acquired. There were 15 sections of Tanglewood developed from 1949 to 1959. Today, the completed subdivision consists of 1,052 homes in these 15 sections. Originally, the homes became bigger as you went from San Felipe north to Buffalo Bayou. Grady elementary was a new school with a ditch in front and Mayor Roy Hofinez owned all of the land between Yorktown, San Felipe, Westheimer, and Chimney Rock. The 41st President of the United States, George H. W. Bush, retired with his wife, Barbara, to a home within this exclusive neighborhood.
Today many of Tanglewood’s original Ranch-style homes are gone, replaced with big two story homes. Shady lots are well-suited for the upscale English-style two-stories of brick and stone or stucco Mediterraneans with clay roofs that have been built recently. Newer houses often feature wine cellars, three-car garages, and 11-foot high ceilings, great detailed work, and hand crafted finishing in these mansions. The appeal of these very large lots has allowed owners to build spectacular homes. The area still retains its charm with Tanglewood Boulevard and its esplanade ending at Grady Middle School. Tanglewood is zoned to the Houston Independent School District, however some residents send their children to nearby private schools.