Tranquil, Robinson TX is located on State Highway 77, south of Waco in McLennan County. John and Levi Robinson settled in the area in the early 1850's and established homesteads. The brothers who became successful farmers later surveyed 171 acres of land and marked off forty-two four-acre lots to promote settlement in what was then known as Robinsonville. In 1860, the Robinsons hired a private tutor, Mr. Moore, for the children and thereby sponsored the first school for the young Texas settlement.
Robinsonville, Texas had its own post office from 1879 to 1906 with J.R. Robinson and L.B. Foster serving as postmasters. Both men also operated general stores. As it happened with many cities around Waco (TX) the post office was absorbed and today Robinson operates a small contract post office for the convenience of local residents.
Robinsonville eventually dropped the Ville and in 1955, the city was incorporated under the name of Robinson. Robinson has continued to grow steadily with 9,062 people at the end of 2005. In recent years the population growth has exceeded the growth of many other cities surrounding Waco. Robinson is an excellent commuter city with easy access to I35, so close to Waco and only about an hour and a half from both Austin and Fort Worth.
While the city has many small businesses, churches and the award-winning Robinson ISD to make residents feel comfortable and at home, it largely remains a top Waco residential real estate area. Residents can still gaze at the peaceful stars on a clear night and breathe in the crisp, clean air; maybe even like the Robinson brothers did some 150 years earlier.