- Tom McEvoy
- RE/MAX Santa Clara Valley
- Brand Affiliation
- RE/MAX International Inc.
- Contact Tom McEvoy (RE/MAX Santa Clara Valley)
- Office Phone
- (408) 830-0092
- (408) 971-7777
- 1530 B Parkmoor Avenue, San Jose, CA, 95128
- In the heart of Silicon Valley, CA, broker assists with residential and commercial properties. Visit my website for buyer and seller tips, MLS access, email listing alerts, many free reports and more.
I possess an AA degree in Real Estate, a BS degree in Finance and an MBA along with 23 years of corporate financial experience. Well-grounded with business and investment experience prior to my real estate career helps me be my client's trusted real estate advisor. I see myself as an educator and team-builder. Educating my clients as to market conditions matched with the appropriate strategy allows them to attain their real estate goals more quickly and effectively -- it also enhances long-term profitability or investment value. A real estate advisor is only part of the team most clients need. I help put together or work effectively with my client's chosen estate attorneys, CPA's, financial planners, loan officers and other professionals so that my client is provided with the advice they need to enable them to make the best possible decision for their circumstances. Working exclusively by referral allows me to better serve my clients as I don't spend my time prospecting and advertising. More than 85% of my business is from referrals and repeat clients. It is important for me to get to know prospective clients and for them to get to know me to make sure we're compatible working together and to understand their real estate goals. Afterall, we both have a decision whether or not to work together! The most important advice I give to persons I first meet is that they need to make a decision as to who they want represent them first before plunging into a transaction. My philosphy and style is that they are the decision-maker and "boss", and I'm the worker, advisor. This is especially important advice for seniors as they usually have more complex transactions. That is why with my experience and education in helping seniors make better decisions, I was awarded the designation "Seniors Real Estate Specialist". My clients run the gamut from first-time buyers/sellers to trade-up and trade-down and investors as well.
Areas of Expertise
Even though I have assisted clients in many types of residential and commercial transactions from buyers taking the first big step into homeownership to those investors that are seeking income and potential capital appreciation through a position in real estate as well as those looking to trade up or down due to changes in their life situations, I approach them in the same manner. This includes a systematic approach to understanding the current market condition and my client's real estate objectives. This allows me to advise them on the appropriate strategy to use to accomplish their goals whether for instance an investor is seeking a long-term plan of accumulating real estate or for another who is looking for an advantageous manner to reduce or change their long-held real estate positions.
Understanding the market conditions for any area is an analytical skill I possess, not just a tool used for only one particular area or neighborhood. There is enough emotional energy seen in real estate transactions without adding to it by a real estate agent so I come from the education, research and analytical approach to provide my client with a workable strategy to consider for each situation.
- "Thank you so much for all your guidance and support throughout the home buying process for our condo." -- A. Bonetti & R. Rivera, Sunnyvale, CA
- "Tom, I think it was a blessing for me to have your considerations for my welfare. I am ensconced in a little condo where I can see the sunrise from my bedroom window and the sunset through my living room windows." -- T. Chamberlain, Sunnyvale, CA
- "Tom, every day I thank you for you intervention on our behalf. My sister and I are always grateful to those who choose to be helpful. You are God's gift to Seniors". -- M. Webb, Bangor, CA
- "Thanks Tom for all the extra things you did to get my rental home sold." -- E. Nielsen, Cameron Park, CA
- "We could not have asked for a more knowledgeable Real Estate Agent than, Thomas McEvoy. Tom's knowledge, expertise, and determination, enabled us to sell my mother's Cupertino townhouse in eight days and close escrow in less than thirty days. Everything that we asked of Tom, he did, after explaining all of the Pro's and Con's. I don't believe that there was anymore that we could have asked of Tom to do for us. We would not hesitate in recommending Tom to anyone who is in need of a fine Real Estate Agent with a 'Can Do Spirit' ". -- V. R. Ruffin, Sunnyvale, CA
- "Best experience ever with a real professional. Hard to find but great when you do." -- S. Schuler, Pt. Reyes Station, CA
- "Excellent job in listing and selling my Mountain View commercial condo as I knew it would be." -- V. LoGrasso, Montana
- "Tom really pulled through for us. By the time we secured a loan, we were under a real-time constraint. This was a venture that I had been looking forward to for the past seven years. Tom was there to answer all of our silly questions and he was there for us through the signing of the paperwork so that he and we were confident that we understood what we were signing. Is that personal service or what? Thanks to Tom for all his hard work!" -- S. A. Ward, Mountain View, CA
- "Tom, great job!" -- M. Honda, San Jose, CA
- "Tom, your service was excellent! I will be pleased to recommend your good service to my business associates. Thanks again." -- D. Chappell, Los Gatos, CA
- "Tom, we are so pleased with our refinancing and all your efforts. We will definitely use your services again and refer anyone we can. Thank you again." -- L. & S. Hansen, Sunnyvale, CA
- "You provided outstanding service. Thanks, again, for everything!" -- S. Haynes, San Jose, CA
- "Tom: Pete and I want to thank you for all your help. We are so pleased with our new home, and really appreciate all you did to make it happen. It was a pleasure working with you, both as an agent and as a broker. We didn't believe we could take this big step--but you helped us accomplish our goals and we are delighted. Thanks again for everything. Please use our names if you should need any references. We hope to work with you again in the future, and will certainly refer any of our friends in need of your services." -- P. and E. Johnson, Campbell, CA
- "Tom, Thank you for everything you have done for us in the purchase of our first home. Happy Holidays to you and the family!" -- C. Liu & P. Zhu, San Jose, CA
All testimonials are documented and available for viewing.