ActiveRain Virtual Assistants
We have been working on setting up a new resource for ActiveRain members for the past 9 months. During that time, we have stood up an entire company and we currently have hundreds of real estate professionals around the country leveraging virtual assistants in their business. We've created a dedicated division of our Virtual Assistant company to focus on the ActiveRain community.
Using a virtual assistant in your business is all about creating leverage.
We've found that there are really two ways to create leverage in your business, through technology or through people. An example of creating leverage through technology that many of you would immediately be familar with would be blogging, where you can answer one question in a blog post and always have that answer to fall back on when someone asks you the same question a week, a month or a year later. You don't answer the same question again with a new post. Instead you pull up that previously written blog post and you send it over.
Leverage Through People
An example of creating leverage through people would be hiring your first assistant because your business has gotten to a point where the non-income producing activities have taken you, the rainmaker, away from doing what you do best, finding and closing new business. At some point, when your business gets big enough, you realize that you need help with the paperwork, and the communication with all the parties involved in a transaction and managing all the stuff that comes with a growing business, but are things that don't directly coorelate to revenue. Many agents hit a wall because of this, constantly going between having lots of business to having none because once they get a few deals under contract, the work of pushing those deals across the finish line pulls them away from doing what they did (PROSPECTING) to get those deals in the first place. So you constantly have peaks and valleys in your business.
What we've found over the last 15 years is that step to hire an assistant, or that next step to bring on an additional human resource is often fraught with anxiety because you're not sure you'll be able to pay for them and still net as much income for yourself at the end of the year.
Leverage vs. Luxury
When discussing leverage, we often have to understand the difference between leverage and luxury. Leverage is where you take that time that is freed up because you hired an assistant and you reinvest that time saved into further income producing activities. More prospecting, which is what brought you those deals in the first place and were the reason you ended up busy coordinating and moving paperwork and marketing the listing and on and on and on. Luxury would be if you took that free time and you went to the beach, or you Netflix'd and chilled or you took a nap (ok.....maybe you should do this one every now and then). Essentially, if you don't invest that time saved back into the business, you will face that anxiety of wondering how you are going to pay that person because unless you are producing more income, simply adding an assistant only raises your expenses.
So, let's assume that you fully understand this concept and you're sitting there thinking 'ok, I get it.....but I don't have an extra 40K/year to bring on an assistant to help me in my business.
Maybe we can help. A growing trend in the real estate industry for a number of years has been leveraging Virtual Assistants. People not working in your office, who can be hired for a great rate from a different area of the world. BrivityVA was born out of our own use of Virtual Assistants on the Ben Kinney Team. We had, at any give time, 5-8 virtual assistants in our business helping our business perform at a high level and taking many of the repetitive or teachable tasks off the plates of our agents and teams, so they could focus soley on income or revenue producing activities.
What Can a Virtual Assistant Do in Your Business?
Some examples of things we have our virtual assistants doing on a daily basis:
- Set up market reports and listing alerts for our prospects, sphere and past clients
- Cleaning our database to get up to date information on our prospects like phone numbers, email addresses, physical addresses, etc. I'll bet many of your are like we used to be......with a database full of names but not all the information about them we'd need to fully communicate and help them. It wasn't uncommon that any of our teams would have hundreds of past clients in our database and we didn't even have their current address in there. Not any longer, our VAs have helped us fix this.
- Help manage pending transactions. Anything that our team could do from a computer can be taught to our virtual assistants.
- Help manage the marketing of new listings
- Facilitating communication during a transaction. Who needs to know what, when?
- Communicating to sellers what is happening with the marketing of their listing (the marketing the VA is doing on our behalf and with our guidance) so our sellers never wonder 'what the heck are they doing to sell our house?'
- Creating listing collateral. Things like flyers, Facebook and Instagram posts and whatever else we might need to market that clients home to the most people.
- Supporting Open House marketing and execution: If it can be done from a computer or a phone, our virtual assistants can do it.
- Lead conversion - Yep, even this.
An Option and Pricing for Anyone
Because we realize that not everyone is at the same place in their business, but that almost every single real estate agent could use affordable help from highly capable people, we built ActiveRainVA to have a wide variety of options. Our VAs are available to do project based work (maybe you just need them to help you get the database in order, but don't have long term needs after that) or part time (20/hours/week) and full time (40/hours/week) options. You can get help in your business on a monthly basis for as little as $250/month.
Interested in learning more about how you could create leverage in your own business but do it in an afforable way?
We'd love to help you create leverage in your own business so you can bust through whatever ceiling you're currently working on busting through!