Your name saw this post on The ActiveRain Real Estate Network and thought it might be of interest to you. Please see the link below to review the post.
Top 7 Questions to Ask Before Buying Your New Home - Kitchen
Wondering how to save money in your new home? Tips on What's Worth Upgrading - From a Custom Home Builder Smart home building tips for the Kitchen
This questionnaire will help you determine where to spend your money in the kitchen as you build - and what you can do differently, later.
1. Where do you spend your time in the kitchen? Factor in ease-of-use and functionality.
2. Who hangs there with you? Do you need an island, breakfast bar , or conversation corner? Do the countertops need to incorporate extra width or arches, or will something simple do?
3. How important is the overall look and feel - layout, cabinets, countertops, flooring, lighting, cooking, sink capacity?
4. How much traffic flow through capability is necessary?
5. How much usage will the room get? Do you need the strength of granite, or will a laminate be sufficient?
6. What's a reasonable cabinetry package for your budget? Do you need a higher-end wood like cherry or exotics, or will a maple or oak package with lots of extra storage options be better for you?
7. Cooking for a crowd? Need two ovens, deep freeze, heavy duty dishwasher?
Some things are more costly than others to change ... more
Are you on The Rain? Grow Your Network!