Your name saw this post on The ActiveRain Real Estate Network and thought it might be of interest to you. Please see the link below to review the post.
Top 7 Questions to Ask Before Buying Your New Home - Kitchen
This very well written post has a wealth of information about designing your kitchen. It is provided by Stanton Homes in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Wondering how to save money in your new home? Tips on What's Worth Upgrading - From a Custom Home Builder Smart home building tips for the Kitchen
This questionnaire will help you determine where to spend your money in the kitchen as you build - and what you can do differently, later.
1. Where do you spend your time in the kitchen? Factor in ease-of-use and functionality.
2. Who hangs there with you? Do you need an island, breakfast bar, or conversation corner? Do the countertops need to incorporate extra width or arches, or will something simple do?
3. How important is the overall look and feel - layout, cabinets, countertops, flooring, lighting, cooking, sink capacity?
4. How much traffic flow through capability is necessary?
5. How much usage will the room get? Do you need the strength of granite, or will a laminate be sufficient?
6. What's a reasonable cabinetry package for your budget? Do you need a higher-end wood like cherry or exotics, or will a maple or oak package with lots of extra storage options be better ... more
Are you on The Rain? Grow Your Network!