Your name saw this post on The ActiveRain Real Estate Network and thought it might be of interest to you. Please see the link below to review the post.
Save MONEY by saving ENERGY (Part 1)
A typical U.S. Family spends roughly $2000 a year on utility bills according to the U.S. Department of Energy. Unfortunately a large portion of that energy is wasted. The good news is there is a lot you can do to save energy which in turn will save money at home. By following this multiple-part series blog, you can cut up to 25% of your energy use.
Simple low-cost solutions can start you down the right path to saving energy. The following list will help you get started.
1. Install a programable thermostat to keep your house comfortably warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
2. Use compact fluorescent light bulbs with ENERGY STAR label.
3. Air dry dishes instead of using your dishwasher's drying cycle.
4. Turn off your computer and monitor when not in use.
5. Plug home electronics, such as TV's, stereos and video game consoles into a power strip. Turn the power strips off when not in use. TV's and DVD's among other items will still use several watts of power when in stand-by mode.
6. Lower the thermostat on your hot water heater to 120 degrees.
7. Take short showers instead of baths.
8. Wash ... more
Are you on The Rain? Grow Your Network!