Your name saw this post on The ActiveRain Real Estate Network and thought it might be of interest to you. Please see the link below to review the post.
Fall Home Maintenance - Checklist
Geting ready for winter ! Here is the checklist to review.
1. Have your furnace or heating system serviced by a qualified service technician, or as recommended by the manufacturer.
2. Have chimneys professionally checked and cleared of any obstructions or animal nests.
3. Pop off the vent covers on heating ducts to vacuum out any surface dust or debris inside.
4. Stock up on furnace air filters, which should generally be changed monthly during the heating season.
5. Take a look at visible ductwork to see if seams remain tight and insulation or duct tape is intact.
6. Clean the vent covers on bathroom exhaust fans and range hoods.
7. Make this your regular time of year to check and replace batteries on smoke and carbon-monoxide detectors.
8. Switch out window screens for storm windows.
9. Check the seal on windows and doors; add weather stripping, as required — follow directions on the package for best results, typically while temperatures are above -7°C (20°F).
10. Clean out the humidifier.
11. Cover outside air-conditioning units and shut off power.
12. Inspect the area around your foundation wall or perimeter of your home to check for any potential water leaks.
Are you on The Rain? Grow Your Network!