Your name saw this post on The ActiveRain Real Estate Network and thought it might be of interest to you. Please see the link below to review the post.
10 REASONS NOT TO STAGE YOUR HOME
This blog puzzled and upset me. I couldn't believe it. I was prepared to argue. Lo and behold it was a bit of reverse psychology, with every point well written and absolutely true.
1. We want to test the market for 90 days. And on the 91st day? Price reduction--and 90 days worth of potential buyers who have already eliminated your property.
2. It costs too much money. I have never seen a home where the staging costs would have exceeded the first price reduction. And that doesn't even factor in the monthly carrying cost of the home.
3. We can't stage the house, we're living in it. One common misconception is that staging is only for vacant homes. Every home/condo can be staged, and you can actually live in it after staging.
4. We didn't have to stage any of the other properties we sold over the years. Yes, once upon a time you could generate three offers by 5 p.m. on the same day your Realtor put the For Sale sign in your yard. Not now. Buyers are picky and they have a lot of homes to choose from.
5. Everyone loves our house ... more
Are you on The Rain? Grow Your Network!