Your name saw this post on The ActiveRain Real Estate Network and thought it might be of interest to you. Please see the link below to review the post.
Here are some little known, very interesting facts about Texas...
1. Beaumont to El Paso: 742 miles
2. Beaumont to Chicago: 770 miles
3. El Paso is closer to California than to Dallas
4. World’s first rodeo was in Pecos, July 4, 1883
5. The Flagship Hotel in Galveston is the only hotel in North America built over water. Destroyed by Hurricane Ike in 2008!
6. The Heisman Trophy was named after John William Heisman who was the first full-time coach at Rice University in Houston, Texas
7. Brazoria County has more species of birds than any other area in North America.
8. Aransas Wildlife Refuge is the winter home of North America’s only remaining flock of whooping cranes.
9. Jalapeno jelly originated in Lake Jackson in 1978.
10. The worst natural disaster in US history was in 1900, caused by a hurricane in which over 8,000 lives were lost on Galveston Island.
11. The first word spoken from the moon, July 20, 1969 was “Houston”, but the Space Center was actually in Clear Lake City at the time.
12. King Ranch in South Texas is larger than Rhode ... more
Are you on The Rain? Grow Your Network!