Your name saw this post on The ActiveRain Real Estate Network and thought it might be of interest to you. Please see the link below to review the post.
Are you leaving Calgary Alberta for a quick holiday?.
Although there is great anticipation for an upcoming holiday, don’t forget to consider your asset. An unoccupied home is at greater risk of damage and more susceptible to theft. While you’re away, you can reduce the risk – and save some money – by following these simple tips:
• Consider turning off the water. A ruptured pipe can do a lot of damage in very little time.
• Turn down the heat to say 16 degrees Celsius or install a programmable thermostat.
• Minimize the amount of perishable food in your refrigerator and freezer. If they break down, or if there’s an extended power outage, you’ll be happy you did.
• If you have a home alarm system, let the alarm company know when you’ll be away and ensure that your call list is up-to-date.
• Do not notify your social media networks of your upcoming holiday.
• Arrange to have someone check your home twice a week, especially if you will be away for more than three days. This is a requirement for your home insurance and ensures your policy remains valid. During the winter season, have someone visit your home regularly to ensure the heating system is working, ... more
Are you on The Rain? Grow Your Network!