Your name saw this post on The ActiveRain Real Estate Network and thought it might be of interest to you. Please see the link below to review the post.
10 Fun, Amazing and Controversial Facts About Gilbert, AZ
Let's jump right into it (again)...
Click Here to See Yesterday's Post About Chandler, AZ
Facts 1 thru 3
People, Places and Product (always fun to know,right?)
1. Total population in Gilbert, AZ is now 221,140 and the number of housing units is 74,907.
2. Total number of businesses 17,097 with women owning 29.5% of these businesses.
3. The largest employer in Gilbert, AZ is the Gilbert School District with 4,173 employees. Second is The Town of Gilbert at 1,401. Third is the Banner Health at 1,212 followed by Fry's Food and Drug at 817 employees.
Facts 4 thru 6
Celebrities, Landmarks and Awards
4. A wide range of celebrities hail from Gilbert, AZ including Jimmy Eat World (rock band) , Ryan Fitzpatrick (NFL Quarterback), Shea Hillanbrand (Former MLB All-Star), Chester Bennington (Lead singer for popular rock band Linkin Park), and Naomi Lang (5 Time US ice dance champion)
5. Gilbert is host to some wonderful landmarks. These include-- Gilbert Elementary School which opened in 1913 and now houses Gilbert Historical Museam. Liberty Marker which began to take shape in 1936. The Tone Building which was built in 1929 and now houses Joe's Real BBQ Restaurant. And Clare’s Metal Shop was built in 1918. It now houses a Coffee shop.
6. Gilbert has won many great awards like 33rd best ... more
Are you on The Rain? Grow Your Network!