Your name saw this post on The ActiveRain Real Estate Network and thought it might be of interest to you. Please see the link below to review the post.
THE 20 THINGS YOU NEED TO CHECK OFF BEFORE YOU GET AN FHA APPRAISAL
This is a checklist given to me by an Appraisal Management Company. It can literally save you thousands of dollars and may prevent delaying or even killing a transaction due to property condition.
FHA APPRAISAL PREP CHECKLIST
1. Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detectors – ALL LEVELS
2. Electricity ON
3. Water ON
4. Gas ON
5. Water Heater DOUBLE STRAPPED
6. Hot Water – FUNCTIONAL
7. C/HA - FUNCTIONAL
8. Kitchen Appliances – FUNCTIONAL
9. Pool – FULL/EMPTY/GREEN MUST NOT PRESENT HEALTH/SAFETY ISSUE
10. Spa - FULL/EMPTY/GREEN MUST NOT PRESENT HEALTH/SAFETY ISSUE
11. Out building – Condition?
12. Safety? (Railings on decks/patios over 30” tall, hand rails for stairs w/more
than 3 steps)
13. (GFI’s within 6’ of water source IE: Kitchen, Bathrooms, Laundry, Sinks)
14. Soundness? (No broken/missing exterior windows/doors)
15. Security? (All doors/windows to be lockable and secure)
16. No exterior Peeling Paint or Bare wood
17. Any unpermitted buildings/additions? If so, completed in “Workman like
18. Any noticeable dry rot or mold?
19. Any bare wires from light fixtures or wall plates? If so, cap with wire nuts.
20. Fire rated door from Garage entrance to Property
It’s very important you deal with a team of professionals that ... more
Are you on The Rain? Grow Your Network!