Your name saw this post on The ActiveRain Real Estate Network and thought it might be of interest to you. Please see the link below to review the post.
Can a Home Buyer Suffer From "Under Buying " ?
Yes...yet another term to add to the real estate dictionary...with Curbalicious and Thinventory, etc....Under Buying. What is UNDER BUYING ?
Under Buying is a "syndrome"....or condition that some Buyers have sometimes founded in fear. The thought of 30 years of debt is terrifying. It is accompanied by a long list of "what if's" . What If There is:
Job Loss Divorce Illness Major unaffordable repairs The market drops and equity is gone
To "lessen " the What IF list....the choice is to buy a house that is less than the Buyer wanted but to them a "safer" choice.....or the act of "under buying." The self talk may include...
- No eat in kitchen means you can eat in the ....(name that room and that is why God
invented TV Trays
- Old world charming and large rooms makes up for no
or a one car garage (Until there is a ice/snow storm)
- Nothing is perfect...the ...Busy Street, railroad tracks,
proximity to commercial property is something to "get
used to over time."
- Fresh air is a good thing...central air is over rated
- No yard means less to mow ... more
Are you on The Rain? Grow Your Network!