Your name saw this post on The ActiveRain Real Estate Network and thought it might be of interest to you. Please see the link below to review the post.
TOP 9 REASONS TO GET PRE-APPROVED BEFORE LOOKING AT HOMES
1. You won't spend your hard earned money on a home inspection and an appraisal ($250-$550 or more that is NOT refundable if you don't get the home or your loan is turned down)
2. The seller will take your offer to purchase thier home more seriously.
3. You won't be on the street after giving your landlord notice.
4. Your anxiety level will be lower and you can look forward to the move.
5. The sellers may be more negotiable knowing you can close within a short period of time.
6. You won't lose your "dream home" to another buyer because they have a pre-approval letter and you don't.
7. You have a better chance of winning in a multiple offer situation.
8. You won't ruin a families moving plans or your own moving plans.
9. You won't be disappointed by the homes in your price range because you did not first go out and look at homes above the range you are looking in. (Very important). If you start out by looking at homes in the price range you think you should be looing in and find our that range is too high, all the homes in the lesser price ... more
Are you on The Rain? Grow Your Network!