Your name saw this post on The ActiveRain Real Estate Network and thought it might be of interest to you. Please see the link below to review the post.
7 things to do before moving into your new home
Congratulations… you just closed and got the keys to your new home!! Here are some things to do before you move in.
1. Change the locksYou never know just how many people have keys to your new home… many copies of keys could be floating around with friends, family, neighbors of the former owners. For your protection and peace of mind, change the locks right away. This is also a good time to have all locks keyed to one universal key!
2. Paint while the painting is easiestThere will never be an easier time to paint than while it is empty. Have you ever tried painting a full closet?!
3. Install or refinish flooringAgain, there will never be an easier time to update the flooring than BEFORE you move in and have to shuffle furniture around, or find a place to stay while hardwood floors are being installed or refinished!
4. Get new toilet seat(s)No explanation needed… this is the time to do it.
5. Swap switch plates and outlet coversIt’s easiest to find the outlets when the house is empty and it’s not uncommon that they often haven’t been touched in decades. Hardly anything gets as many fingers and hands touching them as light switches ... more
Are you on The Rain? Grow Your Network!