Your name saw this post on The ActiveRain Real Estate Network and thought it might be of interest to you. Please see the link below to review the post.
Active Rain Yes!, Little Bit of Wind Yes! Hurricane No!
Ok so Ernesto didn't quite blow like the media expected or wanted! Lousy for them because it makes for good news! South Florida survived (this time). It's sad though how this insignificant storm overshadowed the 1 year anniversary of Katrina (at least in our market). I'm hopeful that the storm reporting doesn't keep the rest of the country from considering South Florida as a place to visit or move to.
If anyone is not considering moving here because of our hurricanes, maybe you can consider the following:
1) Hurricanes give you days off of work, and no school for the kids!
2) Hurricane damage is tax deductible (at least as of recent tax provisions)
3) Significant damage gives you an opportunity to redecorate & landscape (after you get done paying the insurance deductible which is tens of thousands of dollars!)
4) You get to know your neighbors (something we really don't do here in South Florida)
5) You get to watch reporters standing out in the rain & wind like idiots, reporting that it's rainy and windy (something we don't need them to show & tell us-most of us can figure that out by looking out the windows)
6) If you have lawn furniture and didn't bring ... more
Are you on The Rain? Grow Your Network!