energy efficient mortgage reno: Do you market to the 83% of consumers interested in Green features? - 06/28/12 04:24 AM
On a recent LinkedIn post I stated “Did you know that only 17% of the consumer market has no interest in Green features? How are you marketing to the other 83%?” I thought I would expand on that here.
There are considered to be 6 demographics of consumers that are interested in purchasing items that are “green”, this includes homes. Of those 6 only 1 group is uninterested for whatever reason in these features. That group totals only 17%!
This means that 83% of consumers are interested in buying “Green”. This is a huge number. We already know that home … (8 comments)

energy efficient mortgage reno: Sustainability Training for Accredited Real Estate Professionals - 06/21/12 06:41 AM
I just completed my Sustainability Training for Accredited Real Estate Professionals (S.T.A.R) class in Reno this week. There was lots of good information about saving energy, sustainability, and marketing towards people interested in energy efficiency, sustainability, and their impact on the planet. This includes the 80% of buyer that are concerned about utility bills. Less than 20% of people are not concerned with conservation. So why aren’t more agents and lenders marketing toward those buyers?
This class is open to Agents, Lenders, Appraiser, and Home Inspectors. It also is a source of CEU’s for real estate agents. The best part about is … (0 comments)

energy efficient mortgage reno: You could almost watch the light bulb turn on at the EEM workshop. - 06/15/12 01:49 AM
At yesterday’s EEM (Energy Efficient Mortgage) work shop you could almost watch the light bulbs turn on in the agenst minds as they realized the benefits and savings buyer can get with this underutilized program. The FHA EEM program allows buyers to finance energy efficient upgrades at the time of the purchase with no additional qualifying. The agents attending learned that the process is easy and gives buyers huge benefits. The process uses third party verification and will not hold up the closing of a property so everyone wins. There is absolutely no reason a buyer of an older home should … (0 comments)

energy efficient mortgage reno: Finally a Reno Brokerage is embracing the Energy Efficient Mortgage - 06/07/12 03:25 AM
Yesterday I was invited to tour the Reno office of Solid Source Realty by Matt Swanson who is the Director of Agent Development. Their large office includes office space, meeting room, and also a large classroom where they will be holding CE classes and other learning events.  As an Energy Auditor and someone that likes to see people saving resources I was happy to hear that Solid Source Realty was the first brokerage in the country to go paperless.
As a Home Inspector and Energy Auditor here in Reno I’m always looking to meet new agents that can use my services. … (0 comments)

 
Rob Ernst, Reno, NV-775-410-4286  Inspector & Energy Auditor (Certified Structure Inspector)

Rob Ernst

Reno, NV-775-410-4286 Inspector & Energy Auditor

Reno, NV

More about me…

Certified Structure Inspector

Address: 550 W Plumb Ln Ste B #412, Reno, NV, 89509

Office: 775-410-4286

Email Me



Listings

Links

Archives

RSS 2.0 Feed for this blog