appliance maintenance: Dryer Vent Cleaning Specialist Discusses Carbon Monoxide and Clothes Dryer Vent Maintenance in Sterling, Virginia - 02/07/09 03:23 AM
Be sure all heat-producing appliances run the way they are supposed to, including your clothes dryer
Sterling, VA-Janice Bittner, owner of Dryer Vent Wizard in Northern Virginia, is constantly working to increase consumer awareness of the importance of proper dryer venting systems.  Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that interferes with how the body processes oxygen; it can be dangerous and deadly.  Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headache, nausea and disorientation.  The dangerous gases are produced inside homes where carbon-containing fuels are incompletely burned.  The law requires all clothes dryers to be vented to the outside.
Janice … (6 comments)

appliance maintenance: Dryer Vent Cleaning Sterling, Virginia - The Hidden Danger in Your Dryer Vent - 02/07/09 03:12 AM
When is the last time you thought about your dryer vent? Few people realize the lint from your clothes ends up not only in the lint trap but also flows into the dryer vent where it accumulates over time. Highly combustible lint combined with excessive temperatures from the dryer is a recipe for a fire.
Dryer fires usually start beneath the dryer when the motor overheats. Overheating is caused by a build-up of lint in the duct that increases the drying time and blocks the flow of air. Other contributing conditions may include lint inside the dryer, a missing or … (0 comments)


Janice Bittner

Fairfax, VA

More about me…

Dryer Vent Wizard of Northern Virginia

Office: (866) 498-7233

Email Me



RSS 2.0 Feed for this blog