YourTaxDiva Blog

Follow me
Services for Real Estate Pros - Lisa D Church CPA, EA, MBA, NTPI Fellow



The IRS does not have unlimited power. The Internal Revenue Code requires the IRS to assess, refund, credit, and collect taxes within specific time limits. These time limits are called the statue of limitations. For example the IRS does not have legal authority to audit or penalize the tax payer ...
Owing Taxes is not pleasant. However, if you file a tax return that upsets the IRS then the IRS will charge you penalties and Interest that will make you wish you filed your return correctly in the first place. As a taxpayer or business owner you should be aware of what upsets the IRS and avoid m...
If you're claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit or Additional Child Tax Credit, both of which are refundable credits, your refund will be released by the IRS starting from February 27, 2019. A refundable credit is one which gives you cash back even if you didn't pay any tax into the system during...
If you own stock that pays dividends your dividend income will be classified as either “Qualified” or “Ordinary”. The Financial institution that pays the dividends will send you a Form 1099-DIV that will tell you type of dividend. On Form 1099-DIV Qualified dividends are listed in box 1b and Ordi...
Protect yourself from Tax Fraud by being aware that the IRS will never:* Call to demand immediate payment using a specific payment method such as a prepaid debit card, gift card, or wire transfer.* Demand that you pay the taxes without the opportunity to question or appeal the amount owed* Threat...
With tax season coming into full swing, we should all take extra steps to protect our tax and financial data from identity thieves. Cybercriminals are looking for chances to steal financial account information, Social Security numbers, credit card information and other sensitive data to help them...
If you are S corporation owner you should be aware of every tax break you are entitled to. Below are 10 ways from the Bradford Tax institute to reduce your S Corp Taxes: 1) Reduce S Corporation Owner’s WagesAs the owner of an S corporation, you can legitimately cut payroll taxes by thousands of d...

Lisa Church

IRS tax representation in Anne Arundel County, MD
Ask me a question
Spam prevention