YourTaxDiva Blog

Follow me
Services for Real Estate Pros - Lisa D Church CPA, EA, MBA, NTPI Fellow



If you use your car, van or truck for business purposes, you may be able to claim a vehicle expense deduction on your tax return. You may either use the standard mileage rate or report the actual expenses associated with business uses of the vehicle. Actual expenses include gas, repairs, insuranc...
The IRS began a program in 2015 where they may assign certain cases of overdue tax debts to private debt collectors. If this happens to you the IRS will give you (and your tax representative) written notice that your account is being transferred to the private collection agencies.  Watch out for ...
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) created a new 20% federal tax deduction for many self-employed taxpayers and small business owners (i.e., not wage earners but those with business income). This is called the Qualified Business Income (QBI) deduction which applies to income derived from “pass-thro...
If you have student loans, you may be able to deduct up to $2,500 per year in loan interest on your federal tax forms. You do NOT have to itemize deductions to claim it. This deduction is instead classified as an adjustment to your gross income,  For any loan on which you paid $600 or more in int...

Lisa Church

IRS tax representation in Anne Arundel County, MD
Ask me a question
Spam prevention