New Orleans Real Estate - Top 10 Tips/Steps to Sell Your House
1. Commitment - You must be committed to selling. In today's market, you will be competing with sellers who want or even need to sell and if you have a take or leave it attitude you will NEVER sell your house.
2. Field a Great Team - Hire a great Realtor. Remember, not every Realtor is for everyone. The top producer may not be the one for you. Feel free to interview a few Realtors until you find the one you believe can best represent your interests. How will they market your New Orleans property? Will they aggressively market on the Internet? Do they create videos? Do they answer the phone when you call? Are they responsive to your needs?
3. Prepare your House - Buyers tour houses looking for reasons to NOT buy them. Try to address those issues before the buyer enters your home. Ask your Realtor's advice on staging your furniture...maybe even hire a staging expert. This is the time to create great curb appeal and really show off your house.
4. Understand the Market - Take some time to read about the current real estate market and ask your Realtor questions. Sellers that are most educated about the market are in a much better position to successfully navigate the selling process. Trust your team for pricing and negotiation advice, not your friends, doctors, or uncles.
5. Pricing - It is an absolute must to price your home correctly to start. The first 2 weeks are the most important weeks of the listing...you are the new kid on the block and thus have a high level of interest. Why waste that by listing at a high price with an expectation to reduce in 2 weeks if you don't sell it? In a buyer's market you have to be aggressive and price your house better than your competition.
Please continue reading: Top 10 Tips/Steps to Sell Your House
You may also be interested in: New Orleans Real Estate - The Definitive Blog
This New Orleans real estate condo market report was provided by Darryl Glade, Realtor with RE/MAX N.O. Properties. Darryl can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 504.451.8960. Darryl's office is conveniently located in Uptown New Orleans at 8001 Maple Street. Darryl works throughout the Greater New Orleans area including Uptown, Lakeview, Broadmoor, Mid-City, Metairie, Kenner, Westbank, French Quarter, and the Warehouse District.
For New Orleans and the metro area real estate info, please see New Orleans Real Estate.
To search New Orleans Properties, please see New Orleans Property Search.
Click here to view Darryl Glade's Real Estate Profile.